Monday, February 7, 2011

Crazy Hat Day

Friday was crazy hat day for Kylie at school and since we're not really collectors of CRAZY hats I wasn't really sure what she was going to wear.  Until I remembered this little gem...


A big, fat, oversized, orange, foam hat...with Collin Rays signature on it. Perfect!! I was a little bit worried I would have to talk her into wearing it, but that wasn't a problem either.  She  was so excited when she saw it, she couldn't wait to wear it.  And just as she suspected she was the hit of pre-school. Everyone loved it. She told me her teachers kept telling everyone to look at her and that she definitely had the craziest hat there. 

Wanna know why we even own such a hat like this...especially one with Collin Rays autograph on it?
Well, back right before Jeremy and I started dating, Collin Ray came to SUU and did a concert. I remember going and before the concert started I was sitting in my seat watching all the people who had seats down on the floor. And in the crown kinda towards the front up by the stage I distinctly remember seeing these two big, fat, oversized, orange foam hats bobbing around and I think to myself I wonder who in the world would ever wear those to a Collin Ray concert?  Fast forward a few months. Jeremy and I meet and one day I am over at his house and out of the corner of my eye I spot a big, fat, oversized, orange, foam hat in Jeremy's closet and I immediately remember seeing it at the concert. I COULD NOT believe it was him wearing that hat. I asked him about it, he proudly brought it out and asked me if I wanted to try it on. 

He then pointed out that he and his best friend not only wore these hats to the concert, but he threw his up on stage and Collin Ray actually signed it for him!   There is a picture of them somewhere and  I wish so much I had it on my computer of the night they wore them.  It's a small, small world in that good old Cedar City and if you're not careful you just might marry that guy at the Collin Ray concert wearing an oversized orange foam cowboy hat...and you just might laugh about it now too! 

7 comments:

Amanda Hansen said...

Ha i read the title of this post and before I scrolled down to see the picture or read anything else I got excited to see the giant hat on Kylie that I had seen in Jeremy's old pictures! The things people do to stay entertained in the CCU!!

Jamie said...

What an awesome story! I love it.

Mills Family said...

oh my that is hilarious!

Alexis said...

haha that is awesome!! where would you store something like that?!:)

luke and kourt said...

I thought the hat was awesome but the story is even better. I think it's great to document these kind of things because they make us laugh when we look back on them. I have to admit, Kylie does look cute in it!

Kezlynn said...

haha! Andrea that is hilarious! Love that hat and the story behind the hat! Hope you guys are doing good. Your kids are so beautiful!

Nicole said...

That is so funny!!