Monday, July 6, 2009

While We Were Gone...

The house building continued. It didn't seem to be going as rapidly as it was before, but defiantly big changes were being made. I happened to leave while they were putting in all the finish work and I was anxious everyday for Jeremy's picture messages updating me on the progress. Because I was gone I can't remember what happened each day specifically, but this is roughly how week four went.

We got paint the first day I left. I have been really nervous about what that would look like. It was the last thing we picked out after a long three hour process and I wasn't in my right mind. I was going for a tan, but its a little bit on the pink side. Maybe once I get my baseboards and doors painted white it will look different. If not, good thing paint is easy to fix. We also got our flooring in our kitchen and bathrooms, light fixtures and they started on the cabinets throughout the house.

On the outside of the house:

They finally stated on the shingles. That was a little annoying because our shingles just sat there for ever and ever before they started on them.

Next they did started the stucco. I was also so nervous about that color. There was only a few choices we had the little square sample we had to look at looked bright yellow to me. I was told it was a great color and I would absolutely love it so I went with it even thought I was a little apprehensive. It actually looks really great and defiantly not the yellow I was expecting. It's really a nice tan color.
Week Five started off with them finally finishing the shingles and putting up the outside lights. They also poured the driveway, the walkway to our door and our back patio. On the inside we had our counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms, power, cupboard doors, plumbing fixtures and our handrail was started.

By the end of the week we had our handrail finished, mirrors, carpet, rain gutters, metal rail below the big window and the landscaping started. The house is looking great. There are just a few more things that need to be finished up before our walk through on Wednesday. Hopefully we can sign papers on Thursday and move in this weekend!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

oh my gosh they are just moving right along!! It looks great! YOu will LOVE the kitchen staggered like that it make decorating so much fun!!

Nicole said...

I can't believe how fast it has gone up!! It's almost like Extreme Home makeover. Good luck with it all

Brad & Beth said...

How exciting!! It seems like your house just went right up!! Im sure it seemed like a long time for you but it has flown by!! Its way cute by the way and looks like you will have plenty of room for your little family to grow! Congrats!

leslie said...

the house looks great! i'm glad to see that kylie isn't afraid of the water anymore. we'll have to keep breaking her in...

Alexis said...

oh my gosh it looks great! i love the outside it looks so nice with the brick!!!

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

that looks so gorgeous! i love the kitchen cabinets too.

Reid and Brittney said...

That is awesome!! Wow that seemed to go up way fast. So fun!! It looks great, I am so excited for you guys. Good luck with the moving and have so much fun decorating!!!