Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jase's Morning Ritual

Jase is a funny kid that likes a routine. There are several things throughout the day that he likes done a certain way. One of those things is his morning ritual.

When I go in to get him in the morning I always turn off his lamp and open his blinds then usually we play peek-a-boo for a second through the rails on his crib. Once I pull him out he insists on finding the two binkies he slept with (which are usually on the floor).Most of the time one has fallen back behind his bed and so once he has one of them and can't find the other he knows he needs to look back there.
So he makes me pull his bed out and he climbs back behind it to retrieve that last binki. Once he has crawled back out and I put the bed back...

He'll  then say, "Basket, basket" and I have to get that basket down from the dresser and he will throw the binkies in there for the day.  Then he will proceed to lay down on the floor so I can change his diaper. This is something that must take place every single day and is repeated after naps also.  He is very good about putting the binks up for the day, but I know it will be a nightmare when we try to take them away at night, and I'm just not ready for that yet. So until then, I am sure he will continue to make sure he has each and every bink accounted for every time he wakes up!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

He's adorable! And so full of personality. I see a career in accounting in his future.....

Mills Family said...

That is hilarious! Okay so i tried taking the binki away at night when they turned 18 months, I thought it would be easy cuz the bottle was so easy ya not so much, they started waking up at 7:30 in the morning just crying and they sleep until 9:00 or 9:30 before I took the binki's away so for 3 days that kept happening so i said forget this, it is all about mom and me getting my sleep so I gave the binki's right back for nap time and bedtime and now we all sleep again until at least 9:00 so if they want their binki's until they are 5 I am so okay with that LOL! So good luck when you do try taking it away!

Alexis said...

awww what a cute silly little boy!!! :)