Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Duckie Drop

Our friends/neighbors gave us tickets to the Duckie Drop at the Washington County Rec Center on Monday night. We have never been before, but we thought it sounded like something the kids would like to do. I was worried it would be absolutely packed with people, but we were pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't too bad.
The Rec Center fills up the dump bucket with rubber ducks and each duck has a number on it and once you have grabbed your duck you can turn it in for prizes. 

The first hour we were there it was just open swim and of course the kids loved it. Kylie brought her friend Nash  and as much as Jase fought us while we were trying to put his suit on he really loved being there.
 Kylie and Nash with their ducks. 
I was really surprised by the prizes they were handing out.  I saw them give away scooters and huge easter baskets full of stuff. I guess our kids were bad duck pickers because we didn't walk away with anything quite like that, but I don't think they were disappointed with what they got!

All the kids two and under had their own dolphin drop and Jase brought this home with him. 


It was definitely a fun night and I think the swimming got us all very excited for summer!!

3 comments:

luke and kourt said...

When I was little they had this thing called "diving for prizes" at our local pool. You had to dive for different colored washers and then certain colors were certain prizes. I loved it so I'm sure your cute kiddos had a blast!

Nicole said...

How fun!! You're kids are so lucky to have such good parents to take them to do fun things all the time!

Mills Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, that place looks like its alot of fun I wish we had something cool like that here our rec center doesn't do things like that.