Monday, March 26, 2012

Major Milestone

Today is a big day! I've had this day in the back of my mind ever since I heard the words, "Congratulations, you're pregnant again!" come out of my doctors mouth. Today I am exactly 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant which is the very day my water broke with Jase.  At 4:47 am to be exact. The rarity of it happening again is absolutely slim to none and I have known that the whole time, but it's still something that has lingered with me.  Yesterday was a weird day as I anticipated today coming. I didn't do anything to prepare if it were to happen neccessarily, but I've been anxious to get past it.  I probably woke about a million times last night to look at the clock to see what time it was...because you know, if it is going to happen, it's going to happen on the exact same day at the exact same time!! (not likely)But somehow I was slightly relieved when I looked over and the clock said 5:30. 

I really don't have much to complain about when it comes to being pregnant. I go to the doctor about every other week to ensure everything it going well. There is nothing they can really check to predict if my water will break early again, but they have been keeping a close eye on my cervical length to make sure I wasn't dilating or anything. If everything still looks good at about 32-33 weeks then my doctor says I turn into a "regular patient instead of a special one" until delivery when things get a little bit more complicated with a VBAC. 

Lucky for me I get an ultrasound every time I go which of course, I love. She has yet to give us a really good face shot though. Every time she has been head down with her face smashed against the placenta.  

At my 26 weeks appointment we did manage to get this shot of her profile with her fingers in her mouth.  So far it's my favorite picture we have of her. 

 We still haven't quite settled on a name yet. We've got a few that we really like, but nothing we have committed to. I don't know what it will take to decide. Maybe we'll have to wait until we see her.  I am anxious to get her nursery ready and to go through Kylie's things to see if any of it's usable. 

Apparently I have really started to show. Yesterday at church I had several people who I guess didn't realize I was pregnant come up to me and say something. I must carry her pretty high because most can't believe I only have 10 weeks to go. I of course don't feel that way at all and even though I haven't had to break out the maternity clothes yet I can only imagine what these last weeks will bring. If I'm anything like I was with Kylie, I'll certainly make up for any non-showing time.

With about 10 weeks left I am getting pretty excited. Kylie and Jase talk about her constantly and I think they are pretty excited for her to get here too. Jase came with me to my last appointment and on the way there I was telling him we would get to see our baby sister. In his little three year old head he assumed we were going to visit her. He was a little bit disappointed when all he saw of her was on a ultrasound screen. He thought the heartbeat was cool, but his very favorite part was the sucker at the end.

I couldn't be more grateful that everything is going as smooth as it is. As much as I would love to have her here already I think I would rather spend these last weeks pregnant than in the NICU. I just hope they go by quickly!!

4 comments:

luke and kourt said...

I'm so glad that you didn't get a surprise in the middle of the night last night ♥ I'm sure these last few weeks will fly by and you do look amazing for only having 10 weeks left :)

Rogers Family said...

This is a huge milestone for you. Even if it's just to calm your nerves :-)So glad this pregnancy is going so good for you. It's definitely an answer to many prayers. xoxoxo

Mills Family said...

I am so glad things are going good and you made it through the night with no surprise! That is so unfair that you are still not in maternity clothes and you are 30wks along thats awesome, I wish that were the case for me LOL! Anyways glad things are good!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad things are going well and hope they continue to.