Monday, February 25, 2008

For Sale By Owner

Well, it's finally happened, we sold our house!! YAHOO!! We put our house up for sale the first of October thinking that that would give us two months (plenty of time) to sell our house just in time for Jeremy to finish up with school in December and we could start with a new job, in a new house, in a new place at the first of the year. Well, if its one thing we have learned our timing isn't always the Lord's timing, and our plans don't always coincide with his. Needless to say that didn't happen.
We knew trying to sell our house right now would be difficult. We have watched as other neighbors have had their houses up for well over a year and are constantly dropping their prices just a little bit lower to have an edge over the next guy. We knew we were lucky because Jeremy had done a lot of "extras" or upgrades on our home to make it different from the other 110 town homes in our area which we were hoping would really help. We started out pricing it a little lower than all the rest because luckily ours was one of the first to be built and we were able to get in at a good price. Soon others followed, not to mention the brand new town homes being built just down the street. Who wants to buy an existing one when they could go down the street buy a brand new one and pick out everything? We were a little frustrated, but we new the Lord was mindful and we just continued to have faith.
After dropping or price two more times we finally got a taker. We were able to sell it last Wednesday. What a huge relief!! With the market the way it is right now, I think we were actually really lucky to sell it as soon as we did.
Its actually kind of bittersweet for us. I am very exctied we sold it and get the chance to move on, but when it all came down to it. It's kinds sad. We know its the right thing and we (well I) can't wait to get down to Arizona and start this new chapter in our lives, but we love Cedar City. This is the place Jeremy has lived his whole life except for his mission to Boise, Idaho. He loves it here and I have really grow quite fond of this little place. We will definitely miss Jeremy's family. That is one of the things I am dreading the most. I really couldn't have married into a better family. I have wonderful in-laws and he has great brothers and sisters. All of Kylie's cousins are on the Felix's side. She loves to play with the "kids". We will miss our ward. Jeremy and I both had calling that we really enjoyed and had a chance to meet a lot of great people. Our ward was unique because most of it were couples our age with a ton of little kids, like 70 in the nursery. (don't worry they split it up and not all were active). We also have some really great memories of our little townhouse. Its the first house we bought after we were married, we have celebrated 3 anniversaries here, brought home our first little baby and celebrated her first birthday. We also had a great time decorating it and making it our own. Here are a few pictures we took to remember it.

The wood banister was one of the extras. No other townhouse has this.

Jeremy did all the cabinets and designed the extra counter space, which is the part where the bar stools are at.

Kylie's room. I love this room. (Jeremy built her crib from scratch I told him what a liked and he drew it up and built it-pretty cool!)

4 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

I am so excited for you and I definitely can't wait for you to move down here. We will for sure have lots of time to hang out. I was wondering what you guys were going to do after school, that will be great to have you here. Hope everything goes great with the move and let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys.

Jess said...

Hey! Jess Hoopes here. I'm so glad I found your blog on facebook. They are so much fun. Ours is jessanddusty.blogspot... anyways. Congrats on finally selling your house. It is a really hard time right now. We were wondering if you guys were still here in Cedar or not. I guess not for long. Hope the move goes well!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congrats on selling the house. I loved seeing the pictures of your place (and that great place next door!) I really miss Cedar. I loved it there. Small town life is nice. Are you guys headed to AZ? You'll have to let us know where you end up! We'll have to get together and you can do my hair!

Brittney said...

Well thanks a lot for telling me you had a blog! If I wasn't blurking so much I would have never found you. But now you have my link and yeah for being able to stay in touch.