Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home with the Hansens

My sister Ashley, her roommate Nikki, Kylie and I decided to take advantage of the long President's weekend and head to the warm sun of AZ. Too bad it rained on us the first day, was over cast the second day and finally warmed up on Sunday and Monday the day we came home. Oh well, we still had a really good time. Kylie loves to see her grandparents and aunts and uncles down there. It was also conveniently my mom's birthday on Friday so we celebrated with her.
Here is the whole gang minus my poor dad who was really sick up in bed and poor Jeremy who couldn't come with us because he had to work.

Somehow all the attention always gets focused on Kylie. This was while we were singing happy birthday to my mom. Apparently by the look on Kylie's face we aren't doing a really great job.
Ice cream cones were a new thing for Kylie. At first she thought it was a cup and she wanted me to put a drink in it. She was really confused when I took a bite out of it to show her she was supposed to eat it.
She got the hang of it real quick, and then we put ice cream in it and she loved it even more.

We did other things such as; play with grandpa when he got feeling better. I'm not really sure what was up with the cape, she just brought that silky thing to me and wanted me to tie it on.

She thought his motorcycle was pretty cool. Grandpa can't wait until she's old enough to ride.

My parents had massive grapefruit growing on their trees. So we picked some to take home to dad.

She loved the pool. She would run outside and say "wheee." Too bad the water was still too cold to go for a swim.

We'd take this weather in February any day!

4 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

That is so fun you came home for a visit.. too bad we couldn't get together.. oh well there is always next time. I'm so glad you had a fun visit. Kylie is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Kylie,

Thanks for coming to see Grandma for her birthday. You were my best present! It was sure nice of you to bring your mom and aunt along also. It was fun to have you help me paint pictures with the chalk on the sidewalk. The next time you come I think we will be able to go swimming!

xoxoxo
Grandma

Lexie said...

Haha, that was so much fun when you guys came down. I miss you and kylie is much!

Just Add Flowers said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait to go somewhere-anywhere! It's nice that you have a child to post pictures of, there is only so much I can say about the adult life of me and Tim. hooray.