Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WHERE Did This Come From??

Guess where we found this little gem? ON MY BEDROOM FLOOR!!! Are you kidding me? Jeremy gets up last night to turn off some lights and as he opens our door a little bit more I hear him say "Oh, my gosh!" I look over to where he is at and there is a SCORPION hanging out on my bedroom floor. I just about died!! I couldn't believe. It made me sick. Jeremy stands there for a minute trying to think what he should do with it. He says "Well, I can't kill it with a tissue" so he runs downstairs and gets a jar. At this point I haven't seen it move at all, but as Jeremy tries to get it in the jar it stretches out and starts moving around really quick and I get so creeped out.

Once it's safely locked up in the jar we start discussing how in the world it got in here. We decided it couldn't have fit through a crack in the door or window, we didn't have the doors open for an extended period of time yesterday. So the only logical thing we could think of was that it crawled in our newspaper and then we brought it in, but we are not sure if it could have crawled up all our stairs. I would have thought we would have seen it on the stairs first. I don't know, but I told Jeremy we are done with the newspaper. I don't know what I would have done if I would have opened the paper it was in and had it fall on me. I am just so glad we found it when Jeremy was home to take care of it. I don't know what I would have done if it was just Kylie and I at home. Probably left for the rest of the day.

Jeremy decided to go get rid of the rest of the newspapers we had in a basket and put the jar in the bed of his truck. As I was laying there on my bed my mind starts going crazy. What if Jeremy wouldn't have gotten up? Kylie often comes into our room in the middle of the night and likes to sleep on a pad next to our bed. What if she would have stepped on it? I sometimes go down stairs if I can't sleep what if I would have stepped on it? Or what if Jeremy wouldn't have seen it and stepped on it himself? I just layed there, so grateful we found it when we did. I have learned especially from my brother's mission that people deal with these creatures and worse daily, but I had to say a little prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for blessing us in that situation. It could have been so much worse.

Anyways, on a lighter note Jeremy takes it to work with him today for a little show-and -tell. Of course the guys there think it's pretty cool and they find a black widow and decide to have an "epic battle" between the two. I think it's pretty sick and I really don't think the scorpion should get any rewards anyway. Last I heard it has become their little pet and they plan to keep it around for awhile.


11 comments:

The Carter's said...

That is seriously the nastiest thing EVER!! Thank goodness no one stepped on it!! EWWW, it gives me the hibbi jibbies just looking st it!!

Kristi said...

Oh Jeez, thats nuts, I think I would have acted the same way as if, if I was home alone, I would have left, good thing that we have good Hubbys to take care of that stuff for us!

Crystal said...

OH MY HECK!!!!! That is SO crazy!! I would be freaking out like you!!! It gives me chills up my spine.. I feel so fortunate also that we don't have to deal with those icky things like a lot of countries do. That would be so sad. We have so much to thank our heavenly father for. :) Hope your feeling good with that new little one inside of you.. How was your first pregnancy?

sagewillow said...

while reading your post my dh peeked at it over my shoulder and mention how that spider you put in with didn't stand a chance. Yeah he really likes all those creepy crawlers he actually beg me a few years back to let him have a black scorpion as a pet, we did have few garden snakes as pets. my house look like a zoo at one time.

Brittney said...

That is so gross. I would tell Andy we have to move. I totally have the heebie jeebies now.

Zach and Shanna said...

Oooo gross! I found one last time I was in St. George too. Freaky!

Mills Family said...

Oh my gosh I would have had a heartattack, I wouldn't have been able to sleep that night. Did you check your whole house to make sure there wasn't anymore.
Well I am glad you weren't home alone and that your hubby took care of it for you. Hopefully you don't find anymore. I am so freaking out over here.

Reid and Brittney said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Scary, yeah I am so happy you guys found it before it got one of you. They are gross looking huh? Yikes, I would not have been able to sleep thinking there might be more in my house. I would have had pest control come the next day!!! Glad Jeremy was home so you didn't have to take care of it by yourself.

Stephens said...

EWWW! Those things scare me to death! You are really lucky not to have stepped on it! When is your due date? I'm so excited to see that baby!

Matt Heninger said...

You should have moved to Arizona. Utah is full of scorpions. We don't have bugs or insects down here. This place is perfect! :)

Ann said...

Yikes! That's scary! I would have flipped! I don't think I have to worry about those in MI though!