Saturday, February 7, 2009

Survival

Its been a whole week since Jase has come home and I am so glad he is here. It certainly beats going to the hospital to see him. I have though felt like some days I have had to turn into survival mode to make it through. Its a little bit tough because Jase is hooked up to his monitors and so he mostly stays up in my room unless I unhook him long enough to bring him down and then all the stuff that comes with him and hook him up downstairs. Its been a little bit different then bringing home a new born. He is very awake and alert a lot of the time, he has a schedule that the nurses established for him and he can hold up his head on his own. It's also been strange because I have healed and I feel really good except for being tired. Jeremy has said a couple time that he had forgotten what it was like to have a newborn. Jase struggles with acid reflex and so he will sometimes moan and groan and sound uncomfortable in the night after he has eaten. He's a pretty noisy sleeper. But then again Jeremy really has no room to talk. He has become a "noisy" sleeper himself the last little while.


Kylie has done well with him. I think at first she didn't think he was staying forever. Every other kid that has come to our house eventually leaves. I think she assumed he would do the same so she was pretty OK with him at first. A couple days later she realized he wasn't going anywhere and she has become pretty attached to Jeremy. One day she wanted me to play with her and her dolls and Jase was crying and needed some attention so I was trying to help him and she says, "Mom, just take him back to the hospital and put him in his bed." She also learned really quick that she's not as supervised as she used to be. She cut her hair for the third time because it was "bugging her." She now has a huge chunk taken out of the side of her head. There are only a few strands left that hang over her ear.


She has asked to hold him a couple times. The first time didn't go so well, so she mostly just sticks to giving him tons of hugs and kisses and tries to dance with him.

We gave him his first bath at home. He liked it until I started washing him up them he hated it. Kylie was pretty concerned the whole time that we were playing with his toys in the bath.

He was happy to be wrapped up in the blanket and he slept the best he has slept that night. I think it wore him out. That just may be the trick to get him to sleep better.

7 comments:

Gale Family said...

So glad you are home now. He sure is adorable..so is your little girl. wish you the best. 2 is a challenge for me and I can't even imagine 3.

Reid and Brittney said...

Andrea, He is so stinkin adorable. Yeah it gets hard sometimes with two, just hang in there. Kylie will adjust to it all soon. So glad he is home.

Mills Family said...

Oh he is so cute and I am just glad he is home with you guys now and things are going well. Anyways hang in there cuz you know it will get easier.

Valeri Crockett said...

I'm right with you on "survival mode" and all that is coming with the 2 child adjustment. I'm sure you are such a great mommy! Good luck in all this adjusting.
;) Val

Kristi said...

LOL oh funny is that, she wanted you to take him back to the hospital that cracks me up, I bet that was hard for her to get use to! Boo to her cutting her hair. again funny, but only for us who get to read about it. Jase is tooooo cute! Im so glad he's home and your all doing well!

Jamie said...

He's growing so quickly!

Darren said...

Andrea
Im so glad that your little one is home now. Hang in there! You are doing a great job, and we all know what an amazing mother you are. Keep on keeping!!! Love you tonz. Love kez