Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Crash & Burn

One of my favorite things about living here is our new nightly ritual of hanging out with the neighbors while the kids run the street. There are bikes and kid cars and roller skates everywhere, the temperautre is perfect and the company isn't too bad either. Lastnight as we were enjoying ourselves we hear a crash and Kylie start to cry. It looks like she had face planted it on the road. She was riding another little girls bike and crashed. As Jeremy and I are walking over to her, I can see that she is holding her mouth. My stomach jumps. Mouth, teeth and gum injury make me really nervous. I was afraid she had knocked out a tooth. Luckily just the inside of her lip was a little bit bloody, road rash below her nose and an instant fat lip. After we got her cleaned up the first thing she wanted to do was look in mirror and then she immediately headed back out and jumped right back on the bike. No love lost there!! She took it like a champ.

For some reason I think a fat lip is so cute on little kids! (Not enough to give a kid one myself of course!)

4 comments:

Amanda Hansen said...

For only being 3 this girl has had quite a few fat lips! Crazy girl!!!

Dyer Family said...

She's one tough cookie...especially since she wanted to get back on right after!

Alexis said...

ohh poor girl!!! i am glad she took it well though!

Kristi said...

WOW Troooper!!! LOL Im glad she got back on to ride another day!