Thursday, August 20, 2009

Go Bold or Go Home...

Or in my case, I'm talking about my home! I mentioned that my parents have been here, so we decided to get crazy with the painting. What was suppose to be a little painting party for Kylie and Jase's room turned into a 2 day painting extravaganza of the kitchen, the archway and a few other random walls. I had a few stressful moments where I thought we were completely crazy and I wasn't sure about the colors, but in the end I think it turned out great. My parents were so awesome. They totally took on the project and made it a fairly easy process. My mom is great at picking colors and for a guy who hates to paint my dad sure was great and stuck right with us!
I definitely love paint! I think it completely changes the look, the feel and the warmth of a house. It makes it so cozy. I never ever thought I would be a brave as I was in picking these colors and every once in a while I look at the kitchen and wonder if I can handle that much yellow/gold. The best part about it, it's easy to change if I decide.
I wish the coloring was better in these pictures so you could really get the feel for the color. I don't feel like its quite this lemony. Its more of a gold color. I love the way it makes my cabinets and counter tops look. Its one bright, warm, HAPPY kitchen, that's for sure!!

I love, love, love this green. I think it looks awesome along this archway and with the wood of my banister.
This is a tan color we did on a wall in the family room, living room, Jase's room and this is in my hall and around my bedroom door.

We also took the yellow/gold and painted a wall in the loft making it warm and cheery up there too.

7 comments:

WINSTON AND JENN said...

Andrea...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new home. I love your kitchen. That color makes it look so warm and cozy. Congratulations!!! You are sure LUCKY!!! p.s. I wish I had a grandpa like Kiley...He is sure a nice one to spoil her like that!!! Is he ready for adoptioning my children???? lol

Kristi said...

LOVE that colors!! I need to paint Maybe it will make me love my house again! Looks soo good!!!

Nicole said...

From what I can tell of the pictures, it looks AWESOME! Good job. I especially love the green.

Joanne said...

I also love the colors you guys chose, Its looks so beautiful!!! Good job,,your parents are wonderful to help you, it makes the work so much nicer with more hands.

Gale Family said...

I think it all looks awesome. Love the colors and love the house. Very cute.

Jamie said...

Wow! You just made your already beautiful home, AMAZING!!! Well worth all of the hard work.

leslie said...

so pretty! i love, love the green as well. it's in my master. we want to come see in person. let's hook up this week.