Friday, September 4, 2009

Kylie's Big Day

Yesterday was the first day of Preschool for Kylie, and there couldn't be more excitement around our house! She had been waiting and wanting to go to for, I swear 3 years now. This day couldn't come fast enough. Jeremy gave her a nice little blessing the night before to start the school year which she of course thought was really special. I took her into her class and she confidently walked right in and sat down next to the other kids. She was ready for all of this. The only thing that disappoints her a little bit is that she doesn't get to ride a bus. She really wants to do that! I think we may live to close to her other schools also that she may never get to ride one, but we will have to see.

I also have been really excited for her. I knew she would really want to go and I knew she would love it. I certainly didn't expect to break down as I circled around the parking lot to leave and saw her just sitting there watching the other kids and looking around at everything. I cried all the way home. As cliche as it is I can't believe this day came. I can't believe I have a preschooler and weirdest thing is that Kylie now has an important place she needs to be every other day.

I picked her up a couple hours later and found her with a huge smile on her face. They gave her a cute little bag to use as a backpack, but she was most excited about the gummy bears she received. All in all I think it was a success and she is going to have a great year!!

Later on during the day we decided to head up to Cedar City to see my dad and brother who had come into town so my dad could take my grandma to a doctor appointment. Kylie looked like this the whole way up...She was zonked from waking up so early.

We spent the day hang out with my sister Amanda and my brother Adam while waiting for my dad and grandma to get done. Then we went to dinner and hung out a little while after at my grandma's house. One of Kylie's favorite things to do with her is play the piano. My grandma has a fun childens book with songs and it might actually be enjoyable for the rest of us if Kylie didn't feel the need to play right along with her! But really who cares, Kylie loves it and my grandma is patient enough to sing and play with her.

Jase just had a good time coming along for the ride and never ceases to amaze everyone by his growth and development.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't believe she's in pre-school already. What an exciting/scary day for all of you.

Jackie said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable!!!