Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ever Seen One of These?

It's a Neti Pot

I had never heard of one until about a year ago when I first saw it on Oprah. Dr. Oz talked about it and then since I heard quite a few other doctors talk about it on TV. They always said how amazing it was for sinus pressure and infections. A lot of people use it everyday just to keep them cleared out. Your suppose to stand in front of a sink, tilt your head to one side, while breathing through your mouth, "apply the tip of the device snugly against nasal passage and allow the solution to gently flow until solution starts draining from the opposite nasal passage." I know it sounds weird, but apparently it's amazing!
Well, Sunday morning found Jeremy in the Instacare with a really bad sinus infection. The whole right side of his face hurt. He said even his teeth hurt. I had brought the Neti pot up to him a couple times a few days before. Of course he had never heard of one so I tried to explain it to him along with the benefits and he just thought it was way too weird. After seeing the doctor Jeremy heads to Walmart to get his prescription filled and what does he come home with? A Neti-Pot!! The first thing he says to me as he walks in the door is, "I got persuaded by a couple of old people to buy this." I laughed at him, but was secretly offended that he thought I was crazy for even suggesting it, but would listen to complete strangers at the store. Well, to make a long story short, Jeremy is a firm believer in the Neti-pot. He has done it faithfully every night since Sunday and he has never felt better...well maybe not quite, but it really has helped and I guess it's not so crazy after all!

This is a censored picture of him in action. I have a really good one of him where you can see his face, but I was even a little grossed out by it so I decided not to post it!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I have heard those are amazing! Hum I may have to try one out!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Penny said...

Please, not while I am eating dinner! Hope you get feeling better Jeremy.

Nicole said...

I've never heard of them. I'll have to remember that.

The Estes Family said...

I have something similar to that, they are amazing, but gross :)

Alisha said...

And here we thought you guys ditched out of town for the weekend. Instead, you were home sick! Sorry to hear, hope he's feeling better!

Karlie said...

We are firm believers as well. Weird thing though. Not the sexiest of strategies to get rid of sinus pressure. Spread the word Netipot.