Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let Summer Begin

We pulled out our swimming suits for the first time this year in St. George. I was a little worried the water would still be really cold (which it was) but we went to the park with a splash pad and a huge play area so the kids could do both. First of all, we get to the park and I realize Kylie had taken her swimming suit out of the bag and left it home so I turn around and go all the way back to get it only to have her not really want anything to do with the water. She is one big CHICKEN!! I begged and begged her to run through the water and she wouldn't. I tried bribing her with candy and she wouldn't. Good thing I went back for that swimming suit, huh? She warmed up slightly to the idea once, put her shoes on and got her feet wet. That was about it. It tends to take her some time to warm up to things, maybe she'll be more into it when it's 100 million degrees outside!

Jase on the other hand LOVED it. I wasn't sure he would like crawling through it so I didn't even put his suit on, but I should have because he was drenched before he was done. That kid loves the water no matter how cold it is. He would reach his hand into the little water fall, gasp when it hit him and then laugh. I can't wait to take him swimming. He loved it last year and I am sure he will love it even more this year.

3 comments:

Dyer Family said...

I knew he'd be a natural water lover...must be the boy in him!

Jamie said...

He looks adorable splashing around.

Nilsson Family said...

Looks fun!! Lets go soon now that it might be warm for a day or so!!