Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kylie Turns 4

Yesterday was Kylie's 4th birthday. Hard to believe, but it's true. 

I debated and debated on what to do to celebrate. I initially thought I would throw a big party for her with all of her friends, but then decided that maybe I would wait until she turns five to start the friend parties. I wanted to do something extra fun and special for her though. I decided  first that I would make cupcakes for her to take to her summer school class at preschool. 

It's no secret I have terrible baking skills so I tried disguising them with a little crafty thing on the top. Kylie didn't care she was just excited to take them and tell everyone it was her birthday. Her class sang to her and she came home with a balloon and a little bag full of stuff. 

When I picked Kylie up from  school I had her friend Taylor in the car with me. Taylor yelled "Surprise" and Kylie was so excited she was in the car.

I took them to lunch and then to Brushfire where they painted little pottery figurines. Kylie painted a unicorn and Taylor painted a snail. They thought that was pretty fun for awhile and did a good job painting. On the way home we stopped for snow cones and Kylie opened a fun game from Taylor.

They also showed me all their "cool tricks" and danced around in the shade for awhile. 


Later on we had pizza with my sister Amanda and the Dyers. Then Grandma and Grandpa Felix came for present opening and ice cream cake.  She opened a ton of fun gifts she was really excited about and she loved her princess cake... actually she loved the way it looked, but hardly ate it.  I think she had a good day. I hope she did. I wanted it to be fun for her and she seemed to love everything we did. Poor Taylor had been sick the day before, but was a good sport and made the day fun.




We love this little girl more then we can describe. She is funny, sweet, smart, loving, caring, sassy and so much more. She's a great big sister and loves the gospel. She's a great example to us and I know we are better people because of her. She's growing up so fast. I love her stories and having long chats with her on my bed. She's my girl and I couldn't be more grateful for that!!! 

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Kylie!

The Estes Family said...

Happy Birthday Kylie!! Looks like alot of fun:)

Mills Family said...

happy birthday kylie, wow i can't believe she is already 4 time goes by so fast. She is so cute!

Jamie said...

Give her a birthday hug from me.

Letters-2-Lily said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kylie! What a cute girl she is, and getting so big! Looks like she had a great day! You're such a great mom!