Monday, August 29, 2011

Filling Our Days

Definitely one of the great benefits of having kids not too close together is the one on one time I get with each of them. Kylie and I had about two and a half years together  before Jase was born and now we get to spend most afternoons together while he naps. Jase and I have had our time together the two years Kylie went to preschool and now everyday she is in Kindergarten and I LOVE it. I love being able to focus on one kid and doing exactly whatever they want to do, most of the time without interruption. 

Jase has done pretty well with Kylie being gone everyday. He did have a little meltdown on Friday when she was leaving because he really really wanted to go with her, but other than that we've really enjoyed ourselves. 

 He's a pretty FUN kid to play with too!!

I mean, who doesn't love a good game of "tickle monster"? 


And what about playing in the baby saucer that is way too small for you, while wearing pink earphones singing to yourself over and over again the words, "the radio, the radio, the radio"

And when we can stand it outside we've spent some time digging. 

It's been a good first week around here and who knows what we'll think up next!

5 comments:

luke and kourt said...

I think I would be entertained by that cute guy all day long! I bet he just makes you laugh constantly-how fun ♥

Amanda Hansen said...

o my that picture with the headphones is so dang cute!!! I love Jase face!!

Mills Family said...

he is hilarious and so cute! thats nice you get to have one on one time with each of them, I don't get to do that much with mine unless one wakes up before the other one thats pretty much the only time LOL! Pat and I have talked about starting that one on one time with them because I definitley think kids need that but its hard cuz the boys are not a fan of being apart its really cute!

Jamie said...

He is adorable in those headphones

Michael and Bonnie said...

Jase was so cute yesterday. I was taking Jack for a walk and walked past your house. He yelled out "Hi Bonnie." (but i think he pronounced it a little cuter). I was so happy he knew my name :)