Thursday, May 10, 2012

Minor House Facelift

 I mentioned while my sister was here we were up to our ears in paint and projects. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate her help while she was here. She was the absolute BEST sport and did anything I asked her to do even if that meant painting my kitchen three times and then suggesting we start painting all the doors and baseboards at 10:00 at night because I still wasn't sure about it. Jeremy was also very patient with us as the house was a torn up mess for days and the kitchen was never clean enough for dinner. He was also so good about going along with my crazy plans and even stepped in to help when we needed it. Ashley's husband David came into town while we were in the middle of our mess and the poor guy also got sucked in, but he was also very helpful and didn't complain (at least when I was around) about our late night shenanigans.

The first priority was painting the baby's room. We got that done and it turned out pretty good. I haven't put the whole room together yet so pictures of that will come later. 


The next day we got gutsy and painted stripes in my family room that I think turned out amazing. I love it!! I was a little bit nervous at first right after we did it because it was such a bold thing to do, but now that I have had some time to get used to it I couldn't be happier with it, and every times someone comes over I get a ton of compliments on it. I'm anxious to get some curtains and I would love to repaint my end tables, but one thing at a time, Andrea, one thing at a time!!


The next two days were spent in my kitchen. I was ready for something lighter and more refreshing, but I wasn't exactly sure what color would help me get there. After about a thousand paint samples, actually buying two gallons of paint, getting it on the walls and hating it, trying to mix up something of our own with left over paint, hating that too, we finally settled on this (which might I add was Jeremy's choice from the beginning, but he was very nice not to rub it in)...




 and I love it!!! Here's a reminder of what it looked like before:



I did have a minor panic attack (and may have shed a few tears) because I hated the new color up against the color of my doors and baseboards, which doesn't look like from the old pictures, but was the same tan color all my walls are through out the house, but Ashley being an amazing sister talked me in to taking on the task of painting the doors and baseboards white with their help of course and now I couldn't be happier.

It was a crazy busy week, but it felt so good to get so much accomplished. A lot of what we did I have been wanting to do for a really long time and in the end I'm feelin' pretty dang good about it.

8 comments:

Amanda Hansen said...

love it all!! can't wait to see the baby's room!!

luke and kourt said...

Oh I feel so boring! Everything looks amazing! You need to come help me give my house a facelift! Plus I need some major painting tips ;)

Joanne said...

Beautiful!! you must of had so much fun. I love doing projects with my sisters, only not quite this big, anymore.

Jamie said...

So worth all of the hard work. I LOVE the stripes and I think you found the perfect color for the kitchen. I am in awe.

Heather said...

It looks so awesome! Those stripes look so freaking good!!

Nicole said...

I LOVE the stripes!! And your shelves. So cute, well maybe cute isn't the right word. Sophisticated!

Michael and Bonnie said...

Still love it all!!! I will have to pay you to come do our wall! Oh, I really want to see your baby's room!

Mills Family said...

oh my I love your family room, I wish I was creative like that and I wish we lived closer so I could pay you to come and paint and decorate my house! I can't wait to see the babies room!