Monday, June 29, 2009

Never A Dull Moment

I have a weakness...I jump at any opportunity I can to go to Arizona and visit my family and this time wasn't any different. I was stoked when my sister decided to come visit me and needed a way home. I was more that willing to give her a ride back and stay for a week or two. I was anxious to see my parent's newly remodeled house and I thought it would be fun to get away from building my house for a while so I could then come back to a huge change.  Little did I really realize that my parents house would just be getting finished, everything in it would be covered in a foot of dust and the AC would go out in 114* heat. Not only that, but my house at home is receiving all the fun finish work such as paint that I have been nervous to see and stucco that I haven't been to sure about. 

Its been a  crazy week to say the least. My parent's house looks fabulous. All the changes are amazing. The house has received a complete overhaul including a new kitchen, new tile, new bathrooms, new carpet, a new wall, new paint and some new furniture.  The worst part is moving back in and getting everything organized again especially in a house with a thermostat reading of 94*.  Its been an adventure from moving out of my aunt and uncle's house getting is completely cleaned up only to turn around the next night and go back because we can't stand the heat.   

In between all the craziness we have had some fun. Kylie LOVES having a pool right in the backyard and gets away with minimal naps. Jase enjoys all the attention he receives from everyone and our biggest challenge is keeping him from spitting up on the new carpet.  We are having a great time and I love being here any chance I can get, just next time maybe I will think things through a  little more when crazy moving, cleaning and AC problems arise. 

P.S. I have some pictures on my camera, and when we get to the box that has the cord to hook it up to the computer I will post them. :-)