Friday, November 13, 2009

Weekend Projects

This post should really be called. "I have the best husband in the whole world!" because I have a tendency to get crazy ideas and then talk Jeremy into doing them for me. Which is why his weekend was filled with refinished furniture for me. I was super lucky and found these amazingly ugly tables at DI, but I also could see that will a fresh coat of paint they could really look good, and I only paid $35 for the set.
This is the before
This is the during...These poor tables had layers of thick paint on them. They were first primed, then painted purple then brown. It was a mess and very time consuming. This part was actually done back in September. After that day, I couldn't talk Jeremy into working on them again until last Saturday!

I personally think it was all worth it because I think they turned out great!! Jeremy is very meticulous and really pays attention to detail and it definitely shows. My only problem now it figuring out where they look best in my family room.

I was mean and snuck these babies out for a face lift also. These defiantly weren't as much work and they make a world of difference in my kitchen.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

good job!! Those tables look beautiful and new!! You better cook his favorite meals for a week for so.

Alisha said...

Wow! They look GREAT! He deserves an extra big thank you for all that hard work! :)

Jamey said...

I have one of those tables in my family room too - but mine is still the wood color, I have never painted mine purple. (At least not yet) They look great!!

Karlie said...

Love the makeover pics. Okay so what kind of paint did he use? I am about to paint my kitchen table. The table top I think I will stain keeping the beautiful wood grain, but the legs I want black! Fun! I love checking your blog.

Robyn said...

I love DI and I am so happy when I see stuff like this. You (and Jeremy) did AWESOME!