Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bring On Christmas

...Well, not the actually day! I haven't done one ounce of shopping, but we did spend most of the day putting Christmas up at our house. We don't have a ton of decoration, but it was fun to get it out. Kylie would get so excited every time I would open a box and she would see what was inside. She was very good at helping me decorate the tree. The girl had just about every ornament on the bottom three branches before I could stop her.
Kylie and Jase each have a little tree in their room. This tree was the tree my mom and Kylie brought to my hospital room and decorated for me last year. As you can see she decorated the bottom few branches very nicely. It's a work in progress still.

Jeremy spent the day putting up light. He did a very good job of making sure they were straight and perfectly lined up...just how I like it!
Jase was very content to just hang out and watch. He sits in his stroller for hours if there is somebody for him to watch do something outside.

Jeremy worked out in the dark to get them finished. We had to run a couple different times to get different clips or more lights. They looked awesome when he was finished. The only thing we were disappointed about was that they are kind of on the blue side. They are LED lights and we didn't realize they would look like that. Live and learn, I guess.

Kylie loved being outside and loved that it was actually cold enough to pull out the hat and "glubs."

After two days and a super fun trip to Tai Pan with Kylie this is what the tree ended up like. Of course the picture doesn't do it's justice, but I think it turned out pretty dang cute. Jase is a little monster and is pretty sure that anything he can get off there is edible. Oh, and if any body's wondering it's the "in" thing to have your tree explode at the top.(Note the berries spraying out the top) I love this time of year!!

5 comments:

Alexis said...

wow! the house looks great!!!!! Kylie and Jase are super cute i can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks! haha! those side-bar quotes are hilarious!!!

Brittney said...

Scarlett has the same polka dot coat. Yay Target.

I walked in a few days ago to see Boston sucking on a candycane ornament. He told me it tasted yummy. Stinker.

Alisha said...

Your house looks great! Isn't Christmas time fantastic?!? Sounded like you guys had a great Thanksgiving too!!

Kristi said...

So stinking Cute!!! I love Christmas TIME!!!

Karlie said...

Ooh, love the tree and the classic colors. Fun fun!