Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas was so fun this year!! They say Christmas is fun as a kid, but I am here to say Christmas is even better as a parent!

Christmas Eve started off with the traditional "Breakfast with Dad." We went to the Egg and I and Jeremy's parents came down to join us. As we were getting out of the car Kylie says, "I am going to order hot chocolate, just like my other grandma would." So that,s exactly what she did and chugged it.
Grandma and Grandpa Felix followed us back to our house and we opened the gifts from them. I swear  we have had a marathon of present opening this month! Jeremy and I were excited to receive a new outdoor gas grill and the kids got clothes and books to go along with the Zhu Zhu pets they opened a few weeks ago. 

That evening we headed down to Mesquite to spend Christmas Eve night with Jeremy's brother and his family along with some of their friends. We ate dinner, the kids sat in a circle and passed their gifts either left or right depending on a what story that was being read said, the adults played an entertaining white elephant game with gifts including, but not limited to a jar of "pet fart" and a plunger. Later we watched a couple videos about the birth of Christ and then opened the traditional pajamas. 

Cousins: Logan, Ty Alayna, Jase, Kylie and Kurt

Christmas morning finally came and Santa sure found our house. Kylie was worried all the way home from Mesquite thinking Santa would come, see that we weren't in our beds asleep and would skip our house. She was very pleasant surprised with Santa did in fact make it home in time for him to come.



We, of course made them wait at the top of stairs while we ooo'ed and awww'ed over all the presents. Something my parents did when I was a kid, and it drove us all nuts. Now I see why they did it!

  Kylie was so excited about all she got. She must have been a good girl this year because she had a  pretty good pile. She didn't seem too disappointed.

Jase enjoyed his loot also.  He flew down the stairs when we finally let them down and came running as fast as he could. I think knew what was up and was excited.

Later in the day we headed up to Cedar to spend the day with Jeremy's family. Jase wouldn't part with Elmo or Handy Manny and Kylie was excited to show her cousins and her grandma and grandpa her pillow pet and she brought her new earphones and Jeremy's old disc-man for the ride. 

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening visiting with family, eating good food and enjoying Christmas.  We must have seriously worn out the kids because they fell asleep on the way home at about 7, we were able to put them right in their beds and they slept unit about 9:00 this morning.  I'm not sure why they were so tired. We didn't even get up until about 8:30. I had my family calling before the kids even got up to ask had it all went and I had to tell them we hadn't done it yet.  Too much excitement, I guess and it exhausted them. 

We really had a great day  and I was actually really sad too see it and the whole season come to an end.  I love Christmas and the spirit that come with it. I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who sent his son to earth for us. I hope my children are starting to understand that that is the reason we celebrate. We are truly blessed and I couldn't be more grateful!!

4 comments:

Mills Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great christmas! I am sad its over too, we had fun with the boys this year and I know next year will be even better when they really understand whats going on! Have a happy new year!

Nicole said...

I couldn't agree more that it's more fun being the parent. I remember how excited I was for Christmas when I was little and how magical it all is and I love that my kids are feeling that!

Jamie said...

What an incredible Christmas - your kids are at such an adorable age.

Rogers Family said...

A pillow pet?!?!?!?!?!? You are the coolest mom ever, lol! All of my nieces asked for one for christmas and they all got one!!