Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Half Way

If the second half goes just as fast at the first this baby is going to be here in no time!! I have a feeling it wont with the most uncomfortable parts yet to come, but it's crazy to think I'm over the hump and on my way down.

I don't have too much to complain about at this point. I'm starting to get my energy back and actually took the kids to the park the other day for a picnic with some friends. I feel her move quite a bit and I love that reassuring feeling knowing she is moving and doing well. I don't have any weird craving, but oranges are always what I'm in the mood for. We haven't come up with a name yet, but have a few top contenders. We're not totally set on any of them though and it's a good chance they will change in the next few months. 

I went to the doctor today and had the big ultrasound. Everything looks great. She measuring about a week smaller than we thought, but without a definitely due date anyway that doesn't seem to be too much of a concern. My doctor is keeping a close eye on me and so far I'm not showing any signs that I'll have any of the same problems I had with Jase. In fact I am actually more worried this pregnancy will be more like Kylie's and I may go a week or so over and since I am really wanting a VBAC this time he wont be able to induce me. I'm going to have to do it all on my own if I'm going to avoid another c-section.

We got a few pictures today, but She a modest little girl, and didn't give us too many great shots especially of her face. It was smashed up against the placenta and she seems to only occupy the top half of my uterus. 


This is her leg, which looks extremely long and very lean! 


 Her feet seem to have been very prominent throughout the whole ultrasound. The Felix gene's have proven to be the more dominate gene in our kids, but the one thing they did inherit from the Hansens were their feet size. Poor things!!
 The heart beat which is always the very first things I look for!
There is her profile and as you can see she's making out with the placenta. We couldn't get her to move no matter what we did so that's the best we got.  We didn't get as many pictures as I thought we would and it didn't seem like it took the tech very long to get the  pictures she needed, but maybe that's because I have had ultrasounds all along the way and I'll continue to have them most every time I go in.

I couldn't be more grateful to finally have this baby girl on her way and it's even funner having older kids that are just as excited as you are. Kylie is so cute about it and I can't until she gets to see her (for real) for the first time.

5 comments:

Penny said...

She is a beautiful as her momma!!

Laurel said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is good. You have me chomping at the bit, now. I'm two weeks behind you and we don't know what ours is yet. Look at those cute pics, though! They used to do a video of the whole ultrasound and now they give us three pictures...Oh well, at least we get to keep them forever!

Robyn said...

It is SO much fun to have babies with older kids! You're going to have two great helpers! Congrats!

Kristi said...

OH Im soo excited for you!! Im glad this pregnancy is going well.. I kinda liked that every time I go in I get a Ultrasound.. it makes me feel better about the whole thing.. Keep posting on that sweet little cupcake!!

luke and kourt said...

Half way! That's crazy! I couldn't be happier for you that everything is going so well. She's got those long skinny legs, just like her mom ♥