Sunday, November 11, 2012

Color Me Rad

A couple months ago I had a few friends talk me into running a race with them called Color Me Rad. From what I could see of the pictures it looked like a super fun, low key, first time racer's race so I signed up. I then talked a few girl into training with me early in the mornings. My music and I usually get along pretty well when I'm out running, but I have learned that I love having a group to go with! Not only is it way more motivating on those mornings you just want to hit the snooze, but there is something about having someone there when it's not your best running day pulling you along.  I find myself looking forward to the morning workouts because I loved the social part of it also. We have all become really close friends and I am grateful I have some crazies that are willing to brave the 6 am cold and darkness with me. 

 A few other friends joined us for the day of the race making it a really fun group to be with. The night before we thought it was only necessary to load up our carb intake with a fun girls night to Pizza Factory.
 This is our before picture. We were ready with our white shirts and colored sunglasses to protect our eyes. The day of the race was freezing(!!) and super windy. Not ideal, but thankfully we came somewhat prepared.

I wish I could have had my camera with me during the race, but flying paint made me too nervous. Each kilometer had a paint station where volunteers threw different colored powder on you as you ran by. We were a mess by the time the race was over, but that's what made it so awesome and obviously the point!


 At the end we were given color bombs so we took it upon ourselves to make sure we were good and covered one last time. 


 Jeremy brought the kids up at the end and of course they thought it was a blast. They came home with pink and blue hair and color all over their clothes. Jase was mesmerized by all the color clouds flying through the air.

It's definitely a race I'll want to do again next year. Amid my training for this one by sister managed to talk me into running the Phoenix Half with her in March. To say I'm a bit apprehensive would be an understatement! Hopefully I can manage to train through the cold of winter and enjoy that race just as much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like fun! Maybe next year I will have to come down and join ya! :)