Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving was spent in AZ with my family this year. It was a nice week away and we are always grateful for the time we can spend there. Of course it's not a vacay without a little time spent in Grandpa's pool. The hot tub is our only option this time of year and it never disappoints! Addley even got in on the action and was perfectly content the whole time. She even got a little excited at times and got some good splashing in. 


 We went to AZ a few days early because of a surprise party planned for my dad's 25 years at his company. The kids of course loved the idea of a surprise. They kept an eye out for him and let us all know when he had pulled up.
 I think it would be safe to say he had no idea what we had going. It was so fun to surprise him! He had all of us plus several of the people he works with all there to celebrate with him. We had a delicious lunch and then they showed a video of my dad over the years and then a few of us got up and said a few words. Its was definitely confirmed my dad is one amazing guy!! He is very highly respected and it was neat to hear that from the people he works with. 

 A visit to Granny Annie's is always a highlight for us! Her tootsie rolls are the best and she always seems glad we are there. I am grateful she is in pretty good healthy and can enjoy our company.
 This lovely turkey was my contribution to the big meal. Just as expected the whole dinner along with the crowd was delicious.
 My sisters and I weren't willing to let a Black Friday go by without  being among the crowds and huge long lines. We scored some pretty good deals but more than anything just love the people watching. Jeremy is always such a good sport and more than willing to  stands in the extra long lines and do pretty much whatever it takes to get things I am in search of. He even went as far as to scour a store for a certain toy only to finally find one in what appeared to be an abandoned cart. We're still hoping it really was!!
 On Saturday my dad took my sisters and I shopping for a whole knew wardrobe...for him. It was the best time ever!! He was more than willing to try out anything we picked for him and I think he walked away lookin' pretty snazzy in his new attire. He told us we could make this an annual thing and I already can't wait until next year!
 We ended our trip by helping to decorate my parent's house for Christmas and then going to our favorite mexican restaurant. I wasn't feeling very well so sadly I ate about two bites of my food and didn't even get to enjoy it. The rest of the night was spent in my bed or throwing up. Then the next day we woke up to a house full of sickies which didn't make for a very pleasant way to end our time there.


Of course this is how we leave Arizona every. single. time. It's never fun to say good bye, but we're always grateful for the time we get to spend there ad the love and generosity of our family!


No comments: