Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Just as expected Halloween was a huge success. Between the ward Truck-or Treat, school parties and friends parties I think we were pretty much candied out by the time trick-or-treating actually came around.  Of course I'm not quite sure the kids would agree with me. They were pretty dang excited! Our neighborhood has grown so much this year that we decided to just stick around here and we were not disappointed! I hung back and passed out candy while Jeremy took the kids out. It seemed there was a party going on. There was music, movies playing on big screens, hot dogs, chili, cotton candy, hot chocolate, cake,  and full sized candy bars. It was really fun. I was feeling pretty lame with my fun size candy bars and tootsie rolls. 

Earlier in the day Kylie had her annual school costume parade. I always enjoy of course going to see Kylie, but it's also so fun to see all the creativity of the other costumes. My poor kids don't have a very creative mom. Target seems to be my best friend when it comes to costumes. 
She wasn't so sure about her costume at first. I actually had to talk her into it, but she seemed to warm up to it and I think she actually loved wearing it. 


After Kylie's parade, I had the chance to help with her class party. Her room mom put together THE cutest Halloween carnival for the kids. She even had a fun witch with the cutest cackle come in a make  witch's brew with the kids. It was really fun! I love watching her interact with her friends and seeing her in her school environment. 


Jase also had a class party, but I didn't help with that one so I only got a few pictures of him before he went. He said he had a fun party complete with pizza and a game with slime, every little boy's dream!

 It was finally time for trick-or-treating!!
The kids were anxious to go and it took everything I had to get a decent picture...clearly I didn't have enough in me, because I never got it! Oh well, the night was a success and

there is no doubt we have enough candy to last us until next year!!


3 comments:

Jamie said...

They look so cute in their costumes!

Alexis said...

so cute! i love their costumes! Addley looks so funny in the picture where Kylie is holding her! haha! glad you guys had a fun Halloween!

Rogers Family said...

They are so cute in their little costumes :-)You're right though, it's crazy how fast the candy adds up btwn trunk or treat, school parties, and the trick or treating. YIKES!! Talk about temptation, LOL