Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

 We were SO excited this year to have my parents and sister Lexie come visit us for Christmas. Everyone in my family was spending time with their in-laws and since we had already done our Christmas with Jeremy's family we thought it would be fun to have them here with us.  

 We of course started Christmas eve out with one of our favorite traditions of Breakfast with Grandpa/Dad. Then we did some last minute shopping to get ready for a little Christmas eve party.
The day sadly went downhill quickly with the on set of fevers and coughs. The rest of the day we spent lounging around taking it pretty easy.


 We did manage to have dinner and a little nativity program and the opening of the Christmas Pajamas later in the evening,

 then decided it would be fun to show my family the awesomest house St. George has to offer when it comes to Christmas lights,
which resulted in three zonked kids by 7:30 and an early night for Santa! :)



Christmas morning came early and we were all pretty excited...well actually Grandma and Grandpa, Lexie, and Jeremy and I were excited. Kylie and Jase were pretty subdued and it took quite a bit to get much out of them at first.



The morning of present opening was really fun and everyone seemed to be pretty pleased with their loot. Christmas was small this year and I was feeling a little bit insecure about it at first, but I am grateful for little kids that didn't seem to notice the number of gifts they received. They were just genuinely excited and more than grateful for what they had. 

Well, until Addley opened her box of diapers, then she seemed a little disgusted. ;) I don't blame her.

I loved doing Christmas at our own house with my sister and parents there also. 




Everyone seemed to walk away happy and I think we can chalk this one up to a successful morning. 

At about noon we had the chance to talk to my sister Amanda who is serving a mission in California. It was so good to hear from her. She is doing so well and loves the service she is rendering. I loved hearing her stories of the people and the success she is having. It was fun to hear what her everyday life if like as a missionary and the funny/awkward situations she seems to easily get herself into. She is such as awesome example and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have as a family to pray for her and her success.  My kids are adamant about making sure she is included in every prayer and want nothing but the best for her. 

Jeremy's parents came down again for a little Christmas dinner and we finished the day out pretty low key.I am grateful for the memories made and for my amazing little family. They bring me so much joy and as I have said before there is nothing better than kids and Christmas!!

No comments: