Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Vacation

Kylie and I just returned home from a two week much needed vacation with my family. We spent the first week in Park City, one of my favorite places to go every year. My parents have a time share there and so we go just about every summer. It's a good place to relax, go shopping, get out of the heat and swim.
Monday was the first of about a hundred shopping trips to the outlet mall.

Kylie trying on hats at a store. I had her try something on at Old Navy once and now she feels the need to trying something on every time we go to a clothing store.


Monday night we invited our babysitter Wendi to come up for dinner. It was so fun to see her and her family. We love her so much. She starting babysitting us when Ashley was 3 months old and continued to babysit us even after her mission. (I think I was getting pretty old by then, geez, but I would much rather have her come babysit then me have to do it!!) We were pretty mean to her sometimes, but she was always so nice and had brought fun things for us to do. Of course Kylie made instant friends with her daughter Aynsli and they had a good time playing together.

On Wednesday we took a little trip down to temple square. My sister Lexie hasn't seen a lot of what's down there so we thought that would be fun.


Reflecting pond


Kylie was very excited when she saw Jesus. Can't ya tell? (She actually really was)

We decided to see the Joseph Smith movie. When we walked in the theater and sat down Kylie immediately asked where the popcorn was. Needless to say she didn't last through the whole thing so her and I played outside on the grass for awhile.

Mimicking Angel Moroni


On Thursday our Hansen Family Reunion started. It was fun to see all my cousins and be with the family.Our favorite thing was the Alpine Coaster

Kylie had to settle for the animals and airplane rides because she just wasn't quite old enough to ride the Coaster

Kylie was introduced to her favorite combination of dipping, licking and sugar combined into one.

Of course we got in plenty of swim time


Park City was a blast and we hope to go back next year!

On to week number two... We drove down to Sandy on Sunday and went to church in our old ward. We went to dinner that night at my mom's friends house. To Kylie's dismay they had three little dogs she was not sure about. She warmed up to them a little bit and soon was introducing herself to them. She said to one of the dogs "Hi Owie (Ollie), I is Kydie" (She says her name with a d) It was pretty funny.

We spent the next couple of days in Draper at my cousin Jamie's house and doing stuff around town.

My sisters spent a day doing baptisms for the dead in the Jordan River and Salt Lake Temples.

On Wednesday I brought my sisters down to St. George and we hung out here for a few days. We tried to celebrate the 24th of July by going to a Stake Party outside, but it was just too dang hot. So we were content staying inside playing cards. On Friday we went up to Cedar and took my grandma to Mama Mia. It was fun to be with her and I think she really enjoyed spending the time with us. Saturday morning my mom and dad arrived and picked the girls up and they headed home. I was sad to see them leave. Kylie misses them and always asks where her aunts went. I love spending time with family and it was fun to get away for awhile and not have too much to worry about.

By the way, Kylie is very pleased with the new tinted windows we got on our car. Last night driving up to Cedar for Jeremy's class reunion she asked "Where did the sun go?"

3 comments:

Alexis said...

awww thats cute!!! tell kylie i miss her too!!!!! nice job you did a way better job fitting in those two weeks on your bog then i did!!

Kristi said...

Oh it looks like you guys had a great time over the last 2 week!! I love Park City!! Now I want to go!

Steffani said...

How fun! I love vacations! We hadn't been on one in 5 years and then we went to Cali. and I didn't want to come home.