Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Terrible Twos Are Well On Their Way

I must say I have been pretty lucky to have a fairly calm little girl for the past year 11 months and 3 weeks, but she is one week from being two and she is starting out the terrible twos with a bang. Here are a couple clues we are in for a crazy year.


We left her alone for a little while thinking she is playing in the kitchen only to find a few minutes later that not only has she pulled the whole roll of toilet paper off the roll, but she has shredded it to a million pieces a long the way. (By the way, she insisted on putting her pants back on all by herself after going to the bathroom and they are on backwards. I don't know if you can tell , but the belt is in the back.)

Clue number two. I was coloring my sister-in-law Amy's hair today and she had just gotten done saying "She is so nice to just play." When we walk over to the other room and find this; about 8 different card games scattered across the floor. So much for being "nice." I waited until Jeremy got home so he could see what HIS daughter did. We cleaned it up and then told her in a very nice voice "Kylie never ever ever get all the cards out again" She just put her finger up to her mouth and shushed us. Anytime she doesn't like what we are saying or Jeremy is sing obnoxiously in the car she shushes us.

Clue Number Three: I currently have spaghetti spilled all over my pantry floor. Kylie has learned that f she pulls a stool over to the door, opens it, climbs up and she can reach quite a few shelves from there.

Clue Number Four: She wrote on our light colored chair with a blue pen. We asked her about it and she admitted to doing it then she promptly spit on her finger and wiped at the mark. (At least she's honest)

She has a tendance to make up for some of this stuff she does by saying funny things. For example: we were in the car (I know it seems like we are always in the car, but really we are not. Just funny things happen in the car) and we drove through a playing lot that looked like one that would be at a park and Kylie says "I want to go to the park.'' I said "We can't, there isn't a park here." and she says "Oh shoot." We then drove past a lot that was for sale and we saw the price on the sign that said it was $249,000 and Kylie says "My gosh." I am not sure those are the best things for little girls to say, but I guess they have to be better then the alternative. I think we'll keep her after all.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

She is so cute! I guess every child has to have a toilet paper moment. Oh and I totally loved camp. I always had a good time so I am glad I was able to go. Good Old 2nd ward days! Remember when Cami was a peacock oh and she is pregnant with twins by the way.

Jamie said...

How funny! She's going to run you ragged in the next year.

Kristi said...

Oh My goodness she is a funny girl

Steffani said...

Wow, a terror, but still dang cute!

Zach and Shanna said...

Wahoo! Gotta love little ones. She is darling.