Friday, March 27, 2009

My Husband is Becoming COOL


Jeremy is not a big sports person. He doesn't play sports, he doesn't really like watching sports on T.V. and he's never seemed to have a desire to go to any sports games. Well, ever since the company he works for started having ESPN tournaments Jeremy can't get enough. It started with football. He didn't really like watching the games, or maybe we don't have the right channels, I'm not sure, but he was constantly checking his ranking against his fellow co-workers. I think by the end he was the only one really into it anymore and actually cared to switch his players around and whatever else you do with that. I think he may have won or came really close. Basketball has however actually taken over our T.V. Last night it was the weirdest thing to be in making dinner while I could hear basketball on in the other room. He would be excited (as excited as Jeremy gets) if the team he was rooting for had won and upset if they lost. I have never seen such emotion in the guy. We truly are becoming an all American family! I asked Jeremy last night why he is into this so much all the sudden and he said jokingly, "To be cool. It's peer pressure, I just want to fit in." I personally can't wait until my Food Network loving, Biggest Loser watching husband is back, but for right now if it means he won't get beat up and stuffed in a trash can with a swirly I will let him watch his sports. (P.S. He may kill me for admitting he likes the Food Network)

11 comments:

Kristi said...

LOL oh thats soo cute!! I know the Basketball while making dinner feeling last This week has been Nuts with Basketball! Good Luck getting your hubby back! LOL we like food network at our house too!

Steffani said...

GO JEREMY!!! Now I am not the only one with a husband OBSESSED with sports!!! Sports trump all other television in our home. Good thing for DVR that records two things at once. Tim has actually won a lot of money doing all of the sports type things at work. He won the NFL ESPN thing and the super bowl pool! Totaling almost $1000!

The Estes Family said...

Thats funny!! I grew up watching basketball but Jay doesn't like it that much but if there is a baseball game on tv, we are watching that or football. However my husband likes watching the biggest loser too and greys anatomy and private practice even though he wont admit those last 3 in public!!!

WINSTON AND JENN said...

THat is so funny. Winston loves the food network channel too.

Nicole said...

That's hilarious. March Madness does have a certain catch to it though. A lot of people get in to it!

Robyn said...

LOVED reading your post! Silas also is not interested in watching sports on TV which I think is WONDERFUL! Luckily he's too busy with school to get into March Madness or whatever...but he will was Food Network and TLC with me sometimes. :)

Brittney said...

andy lives for the food network. He wants to buy the charmed city cakes series (or whatever it is, I think that is the name)

Wendi said...

We have a good balance of sports and foodnetwork. Nothing wrong with either one in moderation! : )

Deruchette said...

That is hilarious!!! Your blog is so cute...you keep up with it so good. Do you think Shandi would let me be invited to her blog?

Roger and Tammy Family said...

I always thought Jeremy was cool!!
by the way your kids are sooo cute and kylie is getting so big

Brittney said...

It's Ace of Cakes. Jeremy, you just need to find a happy balance. Sports and food? Nothing wrong with that. Or is there?