Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day & Kylie's First Prayer

I am so grateful to be a mother and for the wonderful examples of mothers I have in my life! I had a good Mother's Day. I had been hinting around to Jeremy about a temple painting that I have had my eye on for a little while now and being the great husband that he is picked up on it and took me to Deseret Book on Saturday to get it. I was so excited! I can't wait to hang it up in my new house.

This wasn't the exact one I was looking at, but when I saw this one I loved it! Kylie asked me, "Do you love this mommy?" I told her I did and she said, "It is so much cute!"


For dinner Jeremy asked Kylie if she wanted to say the prayer. She always does, but need some help. Tonight she wanted to do it all on her own. This is her first little prayer all by herself: "Dear Heavenly Father, thanks for the gospel, thank you for this lunch, thank you for my mommy, thank you for my daddy, thank you for my mommy, thank you for me, thank you for baby Jase, your welcome, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen" I love the part when she says "your welcome" and she is thankful for me twice! She did an awesome job! What a funny little girl. It was so fun to hear her say it. I am so thankful for my kids and the chance I have to celebrate this day with them.

I am also so grateful for my mom. She is absolutely amazing and so inspiring. I don't know what I did to deserve her, but I am so thankful I was so blessed to be her daughter. She is so easy to talk to and makes everything better for me. I love her so much!!! Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I am also thankful for my mother-in-lay. She is so wonderful and thoughtful and caring. I am grateful for the good example she is and raising a righteous son for me and my kids. Happy Mother's Day, Loralyn.

It's sad that sometimes it takes a special holiday to let the people you love the most know how much you care about them. I hope I show them often and they know how much they truly mean to me. Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

3 comments:

Penny said...

xoxoxoxoxox

Karlie said...

Love the post. Love the framed temple picture you got! Lucky. I can't wait til my little guy says his first real prayer. Cute.

Rogers Family said...

That is so sweet. I love hearing my boys say prayers. They take turns every night before bed. They have never said your welcome though. That was too cute!