Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome Summer

I do believe it is officially summer. The temperatures tell me it is. They have crept up slowly with a few windy days here and there, but for the most part I think we are full blaze ahead! We are making the most of it and spending our time in the water.

Our first location was at the park climbing around the playground equipment and running through the splash pad. The water was a little bit cold and it took some talking into, to get Kylie really into it, but she finally did.
After the park, lunch and naps the kids decided they weren't finished and wanted to swim some more. We found that the pool at our complex was closed for maintenance and the water spout outside our house just wasn't going to cut it...

So we took them over to the hotel that our friend Curtis works at and let them swim there. Kylie loved it and she's getting pretty brave. Last year she was pretty fearful and held on to someone for dear life, but I was surprised at how well she would get around the pool with just a tube or floaty. Jase just hung out on the side. Maybe next time I will get him in and see what he thinks. I am excited for the summer and all there is to do. I will tell you this won't be the last time we have a water day. We have to survive somehow.

3 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Your little girl is so cute in her little swim suit! Looks like you guys are gonna have a fun summer.

Nicole said...

Gotta've been love summer. I've been going to ask you how do you make those collages with your pictures? They look so nice.

Letters-2-Lily said...

Sounds So fun!! Its getting warm up north to!! I'm ready for summer!!