Sunday, January 17, 2010

Country Livin'

Sometime I feel like we live in the middle of nowhere. We're not extremely far away from town, but I often forget just how long it takes to get somewhere. I am definitely a city girl that likes a variety of shopping and places to go. After deciding  this was where we wanted to build  we would often laugh at the people that were out walking their goats and little boys running around in their underwear.  Quite often people will ride their horses and mules through our neighborhood, we hear the roosters in the morning and tumble weeds will tumble across the road. It's not really what I am used to, but I feel like we have the best of both worlds, a nice quiet neighborhood, but still close to everything we need.


Kylie was thrilled to see these sheep being walked down our street. There were two of them, one that she  insisted was really ornery and "not good," but the other she thought was OK to pet. She did however freak out and I mean freak out any time the sheep dog came anywhere near her!! She is terrified of dogs, but apparently sheep are just fine.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

When I lived in Ephraim, I lived on a street that they herded sheep down at least once a month. It was always fun to watch.

Joanne said...

Sounds like home to me! But take it from me,, pretty soon you will hate the sound of a rooster cause he will crow to early, and the mule, well thats another story......... we had one a couple of blocks away and at about midnight you could hear him as if he were next door! Country Livin.. thats for me!