Monday, January 25, 2010

Laughter

Our tough week turned into a long weekend. Jase quickly got over his Pneumonia, but I am pretty sure he is now cutting teeth. Kylie and I caught Jase's stomach bug and haven't felt good for the past couple days. Jase hasn't slept well causing nobody else not to sleep well and we are all just a bit on edge. Last night though Heavenly Father granted Jeremy and I a much needed tender mercy that caused us to stop in our tracks and just watch and listen as we caught our two kids crawling around the kitchen floor chasing, playing and laughing with each other. Oh, the laughter! Jase isn't a laughy kid. Kylie wasn't either when she was  little. Something about my babies they're not giggly when they are young and it takes a lot of effort to get them to laugh. We couldn't help, but to be so grateful to hear them happy and watch them play. I, of course ran to grab my camera and for a split second panicked because I remembered the battery was dead, but in an instant I was grateful because instead of worrying about getting that perfect picture to capture the moment I could just relax and enjoy! We needed that moment of joy and I am grateful for these little moments that remind us to be happy and enjoy this journey!

3 comments:

The Ewell Family said...

There is nothing worse than sick kids! I'm glad you guys are all doing better. It is rewarding to watch your kids play together. We need to get together sometime soon.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you were able to step back and enjoy an incredible memory.

Joanne said...

I loved your blog entry, I think the best thing of all is that you recognized the Tender Mercy for what it was. Sometimes we get so busy we let those moments slip by when Heavenly Father is sending us these precious moments to let us know he is near and cares for us. Love your little family!