Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

New Years was great this year. My sister Ashley and her husband David came from Arizona to hang with us and we loved having them here! We're not great entertainers, but they were awesome to hang with the kids and put up with our nonsense. 


On New Years Eve they treated us to Fondue and it was a blast. We had a ton of food and it took us about two hours to eat. Kylie thought it was the greatest thing she had ever done. We were all completely stuffed and sick when we were done, but we loved it.  The rest of the night was spent trying to digest our food and watching the Ball drop on TV in New York. We're real party animals, I tell ya. I woke Jeremy up when there was about 10 seconds left of the count-down and I think he fell right back to sleep after it was over. 

We also learned a very valuable lesson that night; Stonewear is not stovetop proof. We thought we were  being smart by melting cheese in that and then setting it on our electric burner to keep it warm. Didn't work so well. I went to pick it up and only the top half of the bowl came with me. It was pretty funny! And I was surprised that the bowl cracked in a straight even line all the way around it at the exact level the cheese was at.

To keep with tradition we went bowling on New Years day. Kylie had her own ball and did pretty well for herself. In fact she finished only 7 behind Jeremy.  Jase was our cheering section and loved the fan on the ball return. 

But, to be fair to Jeremy, non of us really did all that well. It must have been a really off day, I guess!! We also did a little shopping, Jeremy (and sort of David) made a really neat picture frame for them to take back and hang on their wall. We also spent a lot of time just hanging out and sleeping in...well, actually Jeremy and I did the sleeping in while David and Ash were bombarded by excited kids early every morning!

It really was so fun having them here. I loved that they come all the way just to hang with us for the weekend. The kids loved them and Jase is for sure David's #1 fan. We were sad when they left, but we're excited to see them again at Disneyland!!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great way to celebrate - and at least you made it till midnight - I dropped out at 11.

Nicole said...

I beat Jamie!! I fell asleep before 11 I think. You guys really are party animals if you can stay up til midnight! Look like fun. I love bowling, haven't been for ages.

Mills Family said...

That is hilarious about the stonewear, I can't believe that happend so evenly. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Amanda Hansen said...

Jealous I wish I could have been there!! It looks like fun!