Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th

One of my most favorite holidays! We were probably the dumbest people on earth to be in AZ experiencing their record heat that weekend, but it didn't stop us from having a good time. We went to a couple movie, swam, my mom hosted several dinner get togethers, we shopped and enjoyed each other. 


My dad made homemade Rootbeer, which the kids thought was the coolest thing ever! Kylie stuck her hands in the dry ice and said, "This is what my hands look like in heaven!"

We, of course rounded out the day with a fireworks show. Kylie asks me constantly if we can see fireworks or when she can see fireworks again, so you can only imagine her excitement when we had our very own show.  Jase was pretty mesmerized by it all. He had trouble with his sparkler (I swear, they don't make those like they used to), but he thought the little pop-its you throw on the ground was so funny. It really was a great day, even in the blistering heat!

3 comments:

luke and kourt said...

Sounds like your 4th was great! Your kids look so cute as always in their red, white and blue! I've been to AZ in July and your right, it's super hot this time of year, but who wants to miss out on celebrating!

Jamie said...

I'm glad our temperatures were slightly cooler - but looks like you had an amazing time.

Alisha Bowling said...

Sounds like your 4th was fantastic!!!