Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Celebration


Saturday was Kylie's birthday party and to say she was excited about it is a complete understatement! She could hardly stand until 3:00 came.

We thought it would be fun to have a water party just down at our big park with the splash pad, a slip n slide, sponge balls and Kylie's blow-up swimming pool. 


 We played a good game of water kick ball complete with water buckets at each base and a slip n slide into home.    It was fun to watch them play and they seemed to really like it. I think the boys would have played it the whole time if Jeremy would have continued to pitch to them. 

We had a little break of pop corn and lemonade and then tried to get into another game with them, but they mostly just seemed interested in running around and playing in the water themselves so we let them go for a few minutes... 

Then we opened gifts...and Kylie was one spoiled little girl! She walked away with some serious loot that she loves. Her friend were so thoughtful and it makes me think I need to step up my game in the gift giving department. 

Chloe, Taylor, Kylie, Nash, Daxton, India, Boston, Nora, Jase, Lily and Brysen

We ended the party by singing Happy Birthday and having pop cycles.  Kylie is so blessed to have such a great group of friends. We are fortunate to live in a neighborhood with a ton of kids all about the same age that love to play and have fun together.  I think she had a good time and it was so fun to watch her interact with all of them. She was so grateful they all came and already said she can't wait until next year.

8 comments:

Us said...

Awe man I wish I were still small! I love the pix of them all in the pool, it's hilarious! Happy bday to the big girl again!

Jamie said...

What a perfect way to celebrate turning 5.

Mills Family said...

Looks like they had a blast. What a cute idea with the slipnslide into home base and the buckets how fun! She is so cute!

luke and kourt said...

I totally love the slip n slide! I love the pic with all of them in the pool hanging out, it looks like a big tub :) Fun day! Happy birthday to your sweet girlie!

Alexis said...

What an awesome mom Kylie has to throw her such a rockin party!!! I wish I could've been there, it looks
Like a blast!!

Alisha Bowling said...

What a fun party!! It looks like Kylie had a BLAST! My girls were so sad they couldn't be there. Happy Birthday Kylie!!

Karlie said...

What a sweet comment thank you Andrea. Looks like you guys are up to some fun this summer. You are a great friend and someone I look up to for sure!

Michael and Bonnie said...

Nora and lily won't use any other towel but the one you gave them. Thanks for inviting them. They had a blast and I am glad they made it in time.