Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cupcake FAIL

I've said it once and I'll probably say it a million more times in my life...I can't cook or bake to save my life!! The sad part about the whole situation is I try really really hard!! I am constantly looking for new recipes and trying new things to make in hope that maybe, just maybe I will finally figure out how this whole thing works, but it's a fail every time! It's pretty discouraging and my poor family gets to experience it all. My latest attempt at something magnificent was for Kylie's birthday. I saw these really cute cupcakes in cones on one of my most favorite blogs, HoH



 Now it's probably no surprise that in the past I have had an issue making regular cupcakes, so I really don't know why I thought I could pull even something as simple and easy as this off....but I couldn't!!!


These were mine!! 
I could not for the life of me get the middle to cook in them. They were in the oven WAY longer then the instructions said not to mention I was burning the outside, but still couldn't get the centers cooked. I mean come on, people. How hard could it be, really? Apparently extremely, for me!! Don't think I didn't think about just filling in the sinking-ness with frosting and pretending it never happened, but  I couldn't not possibly serve poor little kids gooey cupcakes. The sad part about this whole situation is I honestly have no clue what I did wrong.  We ended up having a pathetic cake Wal-mart made for Kylie's friends to sing Happy Birthday with (that ended up tipping over and getting smashed on one side) and serving pop cycles instead! The kids probably enjoyed the pop cycles better anyways, but that's not the point. The point is and has been proven once again that no matter how hard I try I just can't make it happen!! Sad day!

6 comments:

luke and kourt said...

I'm sorry but you made me laugh. I saw the first picture and was like "wow those are awesome cupcakes" then I scrolled down and was like "oh...". I totally understand where your coming from. I don't really bake or cook much either because I'm not that great at it either. Maybe we should practice together...I really would like to learn how to make those ice cream cone cupcakes!

Alisha Bowling said...

Okay, so I have to actually disagree with you Andrea! After I had Connor, you made probably one of the BEST dinners for us, if not the best! The cupcakes might not have worked, but you have more skill then your giving yourself credit for!!

Mills Family said...

Those are hilarious and don't feel bad cuz thats not the point of it the point is at least you tried to make something for her bday I didn't even do that cuz I am right there with ya i can not cook to save my life its sad!

Jamie said...

I'm starting to think the cooking gene in the family skipped our generation - this looks exactly like some of my attempts.

Nicole said...

I am kinda the opposite. I can usually bake, but I can't cook well. But at least you tried!

Michael and Bonnie said...

Those cupcakes look like fun to make. I want to try them....if mine work, I will bring some to your house. You are welcome :)

Don't worry Andrea, this made a great picture moment....and you can remind your kids how much you love them by showing them these pictures :)