Monday, October 31, 2011

Kylie's School Parade and Class Party

Every year Kylie's school does a Halloween costume parade out on the field. They walk around the track twice while parents watch and take pictures. I didn't realize how big of a deal this was until I get there and there was no where to park except a mile away and there were a million parents there lining the track with their camping chairs and blankets. I learned this is serious business and no one messes around at these parades.  It was really fun to watch though. Kylie thought it was a blast and Jase loved all the different costumes along with Jeremy and I. We had a good laugh at a few of them. 

After the parade I had a chance to come in to Kylie's class and help with the Halloween party. They had lots of fun games and treats for the kids and I loved watching Kylie interact with her friends and teacher. She makes friends really easily and always seemed to have someone around her all the time. 

Kylie's teacher wanted a class picture at the end and all I have to say is she is probably one the the most patient people I have ever seen. Just trying to get everyone situated for this picture I thought I was going to pull my hair out and I wasn't even doing it. She was so nice trying to get them to cooperate and even though they were pretty good to listen to her it was still an ordeal...Kindergarten teachers are amazing!  This morning was a great kick off to the rest of the day...

2 comments:

Alexis said...

aww how fun! Kylie looks super cute! i remember those parties in elementary school like it was yesterday!

luke and kourt said...

What a fun day for Kylie and for you! She looks so cute in her Rapunzel princess costume and I love her wave as she was passing by.