Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Festivities

We decided we would get festive this year and actually carve pumpkins for Halloween. Its been forever since either Jeremy or I have carved one and sadly I don't think we have ever done it with the kids...not that  I can remember anyway.  Kylie really wanted to go to a pumpkin patch, but Walmart's pumpkin patch was as good as we got. We picked out two big pumpkins and Kylie decided we would have a boy's pumpkin and a girl's pumpkin. 

I'm not really sure what Kylie expected the inside of a pumpkin to look like, but she was less than thrilled to see all the "guts and seeds" it had to offer. 

 She tried for a second to scrape it out, but then became our official photographer for the night when I was the one that had to become elbow deep in the gunk.


The night pretty quickly turned into this, as the kids got bored and Jeremy and I were left to finish up their pumpkins.

 I was smart and talked Kylie into picking a really easy pattern, Jeremy wasn't so smart and blamed Jase for the more inticute one. I think they turned out pretty dang good though. We're not experts by any means, but we managed to pull it off.

 Of course the kids get the credit and took possession the second they were finished.  It was fun and maybe we'll manage to do them more than every 5 years...but I make no promises!!




6 comments:

Rogers Family said...

That first picture is so so funny!! I hate they insides of the pumpkin too!! They turned out great! You've inspired me to go get some pumpkins and carve with the boys. I'll post pics :-)

Penny said...

Pay back for the times your Dad and I had to finish your pumpkin! They look great! Xox

Jamie said...

They are adorable - and Kylie's face when she gets a look at the guts is priceless.

Mills Family said...

They turned out so cute, I have actually never carved a pumpkin we never did it growing up and I haven't done it with my boys yet, but I plan to when they get just a bit older and can clean out the pumpking themselves because I am not sticking my hand in there LOL!
Anyways cute pumpkins!

Michael and Bonnie said...

I think they look great. I hate carving pumpkins, so I probably would have ended up being bored like your kids!

luke and kourt said...

I think I would be the photographer too, nice choice Kylie♥ The pumpkins look great! Much better than if I would have carved them :)