Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sister Love

Last weekend was fall break and since I can't pass up a long weekend without heading to AZ I packed up the kids and we spent the weekend there.  My sister, Amanda is in esthetician school and needed a few models for a fantasy make-up night. Their theme was mermaids and I guess my sisters and I fit the part pretty well anyway.  In fact I remember when my mom was pregnant with my sister Ashley, The Little Mermaid had just come out and I begged and begged my parents to name her Ariel.  I distinctly rememeber my dad promising me that if she was born with fins we would name her that. I can't even tell you how hard my little 6 year old self prayed and prayed she would be born with fins!!
This is the before picture of my sisters Ashley, Lexie and Me. 

...And here is the after! Pretty cool, right? Do we look like we have a scaly fish faces?  My grandma told Lexie she could star in the movie Avatar with her blue/green make-up. 

It was seriously such a fun night and it's awesome having a sister in esthetician school! We get all sorts of cool things done to us.  I just wish I was around more to enjoy it all.  



I love these girls (including Amanda)!! They are some of my most favorite people in the world to be with and I love any chance I get to spend with them!  

7 comments:

luke and kourt said...

That make-up is freakin' awesome! You all look great! What a fun night! I love to be with my sissy too!

Alexis said...

Love you too!!! but seriously.. was that first picture necessary? ;)

Ashley Bean said...

I love it when you come to visit!! We miss you already! P.S. I am grateful I wasn't born with fins! :)

Jamie said...

How fun. I think having a sister is one of the best things in life - having 3 must make it even better.

Rogers Family said...

Sisters are one of the biggest blessings in the world!!

Mills Family said...

You guys are all so cute! I always wished I had a sister! Anyways you guys look great and looks like you guys had a blast!

Penny said...

I love all those girls too!!!! Said the mamma fish! Xox