Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Finally Fall

October is definitely one of my most favorite month of the year. It usually means it's finally starting to cool down and it's also the start of all the fun holidays coming up. I love the feel of fall and I think there are so many fun things to do. 
One of my most favorite things to do every fall is to drive up Cedar Canyon and see all the changing leaves. Without fail every year though, we are either too late or too early and very rarely get to see what I imagine in my head of orange and yellow and red tree lined roads as we drive the mountain. And this year was pretty much the same. We went up yesterday and I could have sworn it would have been the most perfect weekend for it, but it had snowed during the week and I think that put all the trees into shock or something because only very few had changed yet. We went on a very green drive! 
We actually did manage to find a few beautiful spots and the kids thought the leaves were really neat. Kylie especially loved the "pink" leaves. (I think she can find pink in anything!!)



 Is it odd to see green leaves and snow in the same picture?

My poor thin-blooded children who don't own the proper attire for freezing weather didn't know what to think of the cold, but they really wanted to play in the snow for a minute. Kylie touched it for a second and Jase just got annoyed that it was sticking to his shoes.
It was a fun day! I am excited for all the fun things we have planned over the next few months. October hasn't been too bad so far and I can't wait for the rest of the fall/winter season...Mostly because I don't actually live among snow or super freezing temperatures!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

So pretty! The weather this fall is odd - snow before the leaves change, it just doesn't make sense.

I swear the Jase in these pictures feels a ton older than the Jase I saw just a couple of weeks ago.

Alexis said...

I love that you all do that together every year! Andrea, you look so cute and of course kylie and jase are adorable. I can't wait to see you this week! :)

Michael and Bonnie said...

WE love driving to Cedar in fall too! Your pictures look great with all the great colors behind you!

luke and kourt said...

Oh I love your cute fall pictures! I want to go someone where the leaves are and take a ton of pics. I hate the snow so I'm glad we don't get much here too...even though I don't mind it on Christmas ♥

Mills Family said...

Way cute pics, we were going to go see the fall leaves this weekend too but didn't make it out so hopefully they will still be pretty this weekend coming up! Anyways what a cute fam you guys are!

Mills Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.