Friday, September 30, 2011

The Burrito

When I was pregnant with Kylie a lady told my mom and me about video/book called the Happiest Baby on The Block. In the video the author taught how to wrap a baby up like a "burrito" so they felt like they did in the womb therefore making them feel secure and causing them to sleep better. It was something we did from the very beginning with both Kylie and Jase until they were too big for their blankets and would wiggle themselves out. 

This picture was taken soon after Jase came home from the hospital. We had wrapped him up tight in his blanket and I think Kylie decided that looked pretty cozy. Of course all of her blankets were way too small for her two year old body so we wrapped her up in one of Jeremy's and compared their sizes. I didn't realize how big my "baby" was until I brought home a 3lb 6oz baby and saw just how big she really was....not to mention it really put into perspective just how small Jase really was also. 

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm loving your tour through memory lane - so many great photos and memories. We all need to do this once in a while.

luke and kourt said...

Oh Wow! Look at tiny Jase! This is such a cute photo and what a fun memory of your cute burritos ♥

Mills Family said...

wow I can't believe how small he was that is crazy when you put them together like that it really does show you how small he was.
I used to swaddle my boys also I did it til they were like 8 months old but they slept so great I wish I could swaddle them now so they would sleep that well again LOL!

Michael and Bonnie said...

I first thought that was one of Kylies dolls....he is so small! What a great picture.