Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pictures Say a Thousand Words

Photo courtesy of Kourtney Jackson

Ok well, this picture has words, but the looks on their faces pretty much say it all!!

Come the end of May we'll be a party of 5! It's been a long hard road full of disappointments, tears, prayers, fasting, doctor appointments, medications, diet changes, running and nasty herbs, but we couldn't be more excited for a healthy, growing baby with a strong heartbeat. We've been hesitant to share our news because of a few scares we had in the beginning, and I can't help but to have a minor nervous panic attacks right before every doctor appointment in fear that I will go and find there isn't a heartbeat, but so far everything is looking great! We even found out the gender last friday at my appointment, but we're keeping that a secret until Christmas!

We couldn't feel more blessed and are truly grateful for this chance to bring a new baby into our family.  Kylie can't hardly wait and insists it must be a sister. Jase doesn't really have a clue what is going on, but when it's brought up he likes to pull up his shirt and show me the "scarf" on his belly.

I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't really experience morning sickness. I'll feel a little queazy sometimes during the day, but it's nothing I can't function with. My biggest problem is my energy level. I seriously can't get enough sleep and if it wasn't for two crazy kids I just might spend my days in bed. We are hoping the next 5 months pass quickly and with the plan and precautions my doctor has set into place I am pretty confident we won't be meeting this baby any sooner than May.

9 comments:

Karlie said...

YAY!!! Same boat over here. I am so jealous you know what you are having already! Lucky! Good luck with everything. Can't wait to hear more updates.

Jami said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you!!!

Penny said...

WAHOO!!!

luke and kourt said...

So so happy for you! Such a blessing and I am so glad that the baby is doing well and that another little one is finally joining your family after all your heartbreak.

P.S. I love the pic even more with the words, it's just perfect!

Kristi said...

OH MY CUPPY CAKES!!! I'm soo excited for you! I know the feeling of not hearing/seeing the heart beat.. I feel like a freak some days cause I worry so much.. you guys are in our prayers!! LOVE THE PICTURES Melts my heart its soo cute! Can't wait to find out what your cupcake is!!

Congrats!!!

Mills Family said...

That pic is so cute and what a cute idea on the way to tell ppl.
I am so excited for you guys can't wait to hear what you are having.
So did you end up doing IVF or what all did you have to do? How long were you guys trying for this one?

Pat and I are hopefully going back in, in feb to start the whole IVF process again because we are having no luck on our own. We tried the clomid again and nothing. I am so not looking forward to the whole process again but it is so worth it in the end because of the 2 blessings we alreay got and we hope to have at least one more join our family or 2 LOL!
Anyways I am glad things are going great!

Laurel said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you. Plus, after all the "upsets" this summer, I needed someone else to be pregnant, too. BABIES!!

Jamie said...

I am so excited for you! What wonderful news.

Kezlynn said...

Congrats Andrea!! Im so excited for you!!