Sunday, December 25, 2011

Twas The Night Before Christmas

We headed back down to AZ for Christmas this year.  We have been looking forward to this for a long time and kids couldn't believe it was finally time to have Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We left Friday night after work to make sure we were there  for the tradition breakfast with Dad/Grandpa we have every Christmas Eve. It was something my parents started when we were really young as an excuse to wake us up early so we would go to sleep easier that night. 

We told my family that we would tell them on Christmas whether we were having a boy or girl and of course they talked us into tell in them on Christmas eve rather than waiting until the next day. I made a deal with them if we told them, they had to give him/her a gift for Christmas. They all agreed and most did. 


We came home from breakfast and Kylie opened a gift that relieved that we are having a GIRL!!! She was really really hoping for a baby sister and was really excited about it after she opened it and saw the pink. (Side note: I went on Christmas vacation without my camera sim card! I CAN NOT believe I did that so I borrowed my mom's camera, but clearly had a hard time figuring it out at first!) Se carried the outfit around for awhile and  planned out which pair of socks would go with each onsie. Everyone had a really fun reaction and it was definitely worth the wait to surprise them!

Later that evening my  parents invited all the family over for dinner and a program. 

We were also surprised by a special visitor!! Santa came for one last visit. He said it was just starting his Arizona route, but decided he wanted to come see us first. Kylie thought that was so cool. She said that Santa must have thought they were really special. 

 Some of the kids didn't like him as much as the others, but Kylie and Jase seemed to know what to do. They both hoped right up on his lap without hesitation to make sure they got in any final requests. He was a very fun Santa and we all had a good time with him!!


After he left we acted out the nativity and lucky (I guess you would call it lucky) for us we don't have too many little kids so my mom got a hold of some adult costumes and we all had a chance to participate!...well actually I didn't participate in the actual nativity, but I did organized it all.

After the party was over we opened our PJs and headed to bed. I didn't get a picture, but it's another tradition of ours to all sleep in the same room on Christmas eve night. So all those that could, slept over and we all piled into my little sisters' room. It was wall to wall air mattresses and super fun except for the snoring men in the room. (Maybe that means your too old for stuff like that when snoring is involved!!) It was still fun to hang out before we all fell asleep though.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on the little girl!! So exciting. I saw the video on FB when your mom posted it!! Such afun way to announce it.

luke and kourt said...

Luke would be one of those ones snoring ♥