Friday, December 9, 2011

So Tell Me

how many three year olds do you know that still sleep in a crib? As far a I know, I don't know of any and I wasn't going to let Jase be the first. So the night before his third birthday we switched Kylie and Jase's rooms around and he slept in a big bed for the first time. Call us lazy parents if you want, but he has been an amazing sleeper that has always laid right down in his crib, has never climbed out and often plays in the there for long periods of time in the morning or after naps. Why ruin a good thing especially when we haven't needed the crib for another baby? But three IS getting a little bit old and we are hoping to start the dreaded potty training soon and I certainly can not imagine a potty trained kid still in a crib. 

Doesn't the pink wall look nice with Jase's bedding? Obviously we have some repainting and decorating to do.

I'm excited to say he has made the transition beautifully. I put him in his bed at night or nap time and he yells for me when he is ready to get up.  This morning I finally went into his room about 10:30 to find him sitting up on his bed playing with his stuffed animals and yesterday after his nap he was calling for me and when I went in he was practically hanging off the edge of the bed, but he wouldn't get down. 

We'll see how long all of this lasts, but if this is any indication of how potty training is going to go that's going to be cake!! I have major doubts though. I have a feeling he is going easy on us now only to show us who's boss once the diaper comes off!  

7 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Awww, such a big boy. :-) he looks so happy in his big boy bed. Good luck on the potty training. My boys were pretty easy, so I'm hoping the same for you!!

Rogers Family said...

Awww, such a big boy. :-) he looks so happy in his big boy bed. Good luck on the potty training. My boys were pretty easy, so I'm hoping the same for you!!

Jamie said...

He's growing up so quickly

Mills Family said...

oh don't worry your not the only one that still had him sleeping in his crib and at least you only had one in the same crib hehehe unlike me who still has 2 almost 3 year olds still sleeping in the same crib yep thats right they are still in the same crib together. I even bought toddler beds back in september and still haven't made the transition yet, I am just so afraid that they wont sleep like they do now. They go to bed about 10:00pm and sleep til 9:00am and when they wake up they just play in their crib for like another half hour and when they are ready they call for me to come and get them out, they never try climbing out and they still nap for 2 hrs everyday, so I keep putting it off because I am worried they will stop napping and they will keep getting out of bed uggh. I told pat we will for sure do it on their birthday so come Feb 15th we will be trying out the toddler beds but I am still keeping up the crib incase they are pills in their big boy beds then I will just put them back in their crib hehehe! Also I have one that is potty trained and still in the crib hehehe what a slacker mom I am LOL!
Good luck on the Potty training I hope it goes easy for you as the big boy bed did. I know when I start trying to potty train Ayden I am going to be in for a big treat because Caleb was so easy!

Mills Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mills Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luke and kourt said...

I say keep him in there :) j/k I'm all about easy so I know when I have kiddos all these transitions are going to be hard! I bet he'll do great with it all cause your a great mom!