Thursday, December 29, 2011

Snow Fun

On Monday we packed up whoever could go and headed up to Show Low to play in the snow. The kids were super excited! They LOVE the cabin and the snow is a blast for them.
 They were especially intrigued by the huge icicles hanging off the house. Jeremy tried to break big ones off for them, but it was a pretty solid piece of ice.
 We don't come well equipped for this type of weather so after a trip into town to get some snow gear we took off on the Rhino named Roxy with sleds and a snowboard in tow.
We pulled two sleds and a snowboarder along the back roads behind the cabin and the kids had an absolute BLAST!! I was shocked how long they rode those sleds. It was so funny to watch them.

They hung on for dear life and laughed during the whole ride. There were several times we hit really soft snow it would spray them in the face, but they didn't care.  They would just lick it off and keep riding.
We got pretty wild a few times. Ashley had Kylie on her back and Jase rode Jeremy with David on the snow board and we tore up those roads.
 Look at those tongues. Like father, like son!

We even talked my parents into a ride and got going pretty fast with them on the back.
Jeremy thought he'd show off his mad sledding skills and gave us a pretty good show.

 The next day we went back out for more and took to the sled hills.  My dad and I went back in to town for drier gloves and all we could find were pink ones in Jase's size. He didn't care though, he was just happy to have warm dry hands. And despite the look on his face, he really did love sledding down the hill.
And of course so did Kylie.
We definitely had a good time!! It's fun to get away and spend time doing something we normal don't get to do.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks like so much fun! I've never taken my kids sledding, I really need to one of these days, but maybe we won't even get any snow this year.

luke and kourt said...

Oh I miss the snow sometimes! Going sledding would be so fun and I loved doing that when I still lived in Delta. I don't miss the cold but the sledding was always the best!