Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Addley's Blessing

Last Sunday was Addley's blessing day. We did it at the tail-end of our vacation to make it convenient for my family since they were already here. We were grateful for the love and support we felt from both mine and Jeremy's family as we celebrated the blessing of having little Addley in our lives. Jeremy did an amazing job with the blessing and Addley looked beautiful! I debated back and forth whether I should I get her her own dress or have her wear Kylie's. I just decided that I really loved Kylie's dress so I had her wear it. I hope they won't feel gipped one day because they had to share, but maybe it can be a special dress that all the girls in our family wear.   I was a little bit nervous she would cry during the prayer because the bouncing would make her nervous, but she did fabulous. 


I'm not much for the big giant bows on little babies but for some reason I really loved this one with the feather and I figured it was a special occasion. Jeremy kept teasing me telling me he couldn't see her underneath it and I actually slipped up once and called it a hat myself. It is a little bit silly, but she looks adorable anyway.







We had everyone over for a little brunch of muffins, donuts, fruit, a breakfast casserole and yogurt because what else do you do after 9:00 am church? My family had to get on the rode and we were super sad to see them go! Luckily Jeremy's family hung around a little while after to soften the blow of everyone leaving all at once and we were glad to be able to spend a little more time with them.  I am thankful for the priesthood Jeremy holds and the blessing Addley was given. She's an amazing addition to our family and fit in with us perfectly. 

3 comments:

Alisha Bowling said...

Beautiful!! Funny, I ended up doing the same thing with the blessing dress I bought originally for Mikayla. I just could never find another that I liked equally, so both girls wore it. :) I like your idea about keeping the tradition going in years to come.

Nicole said...

She is so pretty!! I'm totally with you though, I've never been a fan of the huge flowers.

Unknown said...

When did she get so chunky? I love the bow....don't worry that it was big....it was cute.