Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's happened...

I bet you can't guess where these lovely blond locks came from??... That's right, Kylie's head. If she would have told me she wanted an asymmetrical haircut with a few little spikes here and there and bangs I might have been able to provide, but instead she decided to take matters into her own hands. She was supposedly upstairs taking a nap when I hear the door open and her run to the top of the stairs and say "Mom, I cut my hair, I cut my hair." I go up there and yep sure enough a pile of hair and the blue scissors from my primary bag are sitting on the floor. I know this was probably bound to happen sometime considering she watches me cut hair all the time, and I think this happens at least once in every young kid's life, but it doesn't make you feel any better when it happens. Good thing it's only hair and it will grow. We'll just have to get creative with the ponytails and clips.

8 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Oh no...wow!!! Isn't it lovely the things kids get into when you think their sleeping?!?!. Holy cow that is a lot of hair. I am sorry!!! Might take a while but it will grow back. At least you know how to do hair and how to fix it. She'll look cute whatever you do.

Michelle Morse said...

Ahhhh! I can't believe she cut her hair! You gave her a haircut recently too. I'm sure you can fix it, afterall, that's what you do right:)

Roger and Tammy Family said...

OH Jeez!! Well It is a good thing that you do hair! She will still look as cute as ever!

Roger and Tammy Family said...

PS. this is Kristi, Im adding Michelle to moms blog and I forgot! LOL Sorry.

Alexis said...

oh my gosh!!! thats hilarious!!!! i can totally picture her saying that!

Ann said...

Poor thing! You'll have to take a picture of the aftermath!

Mills Family said...

Oh that is funny, yeah I think most kids end up cutting there own hair at one point....I did, I ended up cutting all of my bangs off it was quite the look.

The Ewell Family said...

Oh no... hopefully that will be the first and last time that happens. I think I would have started crying. If it's a boy thats no big deal, but a little girl, theres not much you can do to fix it. Can you still do something with the back? Good luck!!!!!