Monday, September 29, 2008

Spontaneous Vacation

My sister Ashley texts me on Friday and says "I want to go home this weekend. Will you come with my?" I say "If your serious, I'm in" She was serious. As soon as she got out of class she headed down to St. George with only one minor set back. She was pulled over and when trying to explain to the very rude officer her side of the story he interrupts her and sternly said "manure" and walked off. Manure, what?? I assume that is the best word he could come up with that wasn't a swear word. We make it safely the rest of the way and then we have 24 hours to make the most of.

Kylie immediately assumed the role of grandpa's buddy and they spent the day together.

They started off by swimming in the pool


And then Kylie became very concerned with the broken umbrella and tried to fix it with a little screw driver. She was more than excited when it was suggested that they go to Costco to try to find a new one. That girl LOVES Costco.

One of our main reasons for going was to help my sister get ready for Homecoming. We were obviously successful because she looked amazing!

Kylie wanted in on the fun

Even trying on the Nylons

My brother Austin came over and told us about a carnival festival thing going on at a park near by so we decided to go check it out. Kylie loved the train ride and rode it a few times, but she hated the big blow up houses and the huge slides. It was a fun to walk around and see all the booths. We took full advantage of a booth giving out free massages. Considering I have never had one before, it was great.

Kylie was so excited to see Uncle Austin and spend time with him. He was great to get us tickets and spend some time with us.

I think we defiantly made the most of our 24 hours and maybe if we can shorten the drive somehow (of course not by speeding) we will make weekend trips more often.

6 comments:

sagewillow said...

I'm guessing the cop meant B.S. that's so rude!! Costco who doesn't love Costco. Besides going to visit my mother Costco is our other reason to head to saint George once a month.

Brittney said...

As stated by previous commenter, I'm going with BS. At first I thought you were just posting a PG version and that wasn't really what he said.
And holy crap, when did your sibs grow up? I know its been a few years since I saw them, but my GOSH. They were just kids, your sister is a knock out, and Austin, does he carry a stick to beat girls off with?

Zach and Shanna said...

Wow, fun!!

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like fun... I wish I was still in Arizona to get to see you. My mom was telling how you came to visit with Ashley. That is so fun that you got to go such short notice, I'm sure Amanda loved having you there to help her get ready for Homecoming. She looked beautiful. I can't believe how much she has grown up, I still think of all your sister as little, but that is definitely not the case. I guess we are just getting too old!!! haha!!! How's the pregnancy going? I hope things are going great. Can't wait to meet him.

The Carter's said...

Your sister is so beautiful! Its so weird to see everyone all grown up!

The Estes Family said...

Amanda looked so pretty i hope she had fun!!