Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Leaves

My Grandma called and invited us to come up to the New Harmony Apple Festival with her. Good thing we dressed warm because it was COLD! Kylie was shivering and we stayed just long enough to get some apples, listen to some folk music and ride the little tractor pulled train.

We then decided that since we were pretty much to Cedar that we would drive up the canyon and check out the fall leaves. I am not sure if we were too late or too early, but I felt like the changed leaves were few and far between. I have been up that canyon when both sides of the road were solid yellow, orange and red. We did manage to find a pretty good little spot and took a few pictures.

I always have these images in my head of these amazing pictures with beautiful crisp backgrounds, the perfect lighting and everyone smiling their very best all at the same time. Most of the time I am just a little bit disappointed to say the least. I am sure a lot of the time it's the photographer's fault, but I am also blaming my camera. Maybe someday I can get a really expensive one that takes awesome pictures. I still wanted to get a few pictures with all of us in it so Jeremy, being the most patient and handy guy I know was able to set up the camera to get us all. It took us quite a few tries, but we managed to get a few.

At first we didn't realize there was a weed in our way...

Kylie has the cutest, biggest smile in this one, but I look mean...

And then it started snowing on us.

It was fun to get out and experience the beautiful things around us and enjoy a day together.

6 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

The pictures are so cute. Your little family is super cute and you all are photogenic. You look great, how are you feeling these days? Do you have morning sickness or anything? I hope everything is going great and that you are feeling great. The fall leaves are beautiful!! I am so excited for the leaves to change here, so far not many have changed but they are on their way. So fun!!! Can't believe it started snowing on you guys. Great pictures!!! Can't wait to see you again and meet your new little guy!!!

Brittney said...

I like the weed, you should frame it. THe last pic of Jeremy and Kylie is sweet. Jeremy you're so cute!

Alexis said...

awwww that so cool!i love those pictures!!!

Kristi said...

I also wanted to get pic with the fall colors, yours were way better!! Ok so with the background stuff, I use Adobe Photoshop Element 6. using that, you can scrpbook whatever you want how you want it, Im working on backgrounds now, thus far i have only figured out the messuremetns for headers! But if your in cedar anytime, i have it at my house, and i can show you how to use it, and if you want we can do a header for you, if you get the program, i can help ya use it too!! I love it, it beats scrapbooking with all the mess!! here is my e-mail if you want more info, or if you come to cedar and want to see how it works (k_greener@msn.com)

Ann said...

I miss the mountains! And I had no idea New Harmony did an Apple fest thing. Poor me living there for so many years! I'm glad you finally got onto my blog, I didn't know you were having problems. Just keep emailing me if you experience more problems!

MaRilla said...

Very cute! I love these pictures. It is beautiful up here in Provo as well. You have a darling family. I love the post with your baby bump in it too.